Author Topic: Moba balance comparison, please comment  (Read 183271 times)

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
Re: Moba balance comparison, please comment
« Reply #765 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »
If I ever have to go to those types of fixes, I usually recommend reinstalling Windows completely from fresh.

Or a new computer o_o. (But not always viable)
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2015, 07:12:30 pm »
If the Blizzard launcher works on another computer in the same household, I would also recommend wiping the computer and starting over.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:19 pm »
It sounds like a virus. Have you tried to see if your antivirus is acting as a firewall?
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #768 on: March 18, 2015, 03:52:08 am »
If the Blizzard launcher works on another computer in the same household, I would also recommend wiping the computer and starting over.

Yeah, I've had that thought, but I havent had the patience to give it a go on the laptop and see what happens.  But it's looking likely that something major needs to be done with this machine.  But I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.

Besides, I'd kinda like to see if..... and that's a big "if"..... I can get a response out of their irritating support team, and see what that response may be.

....except that this seems utterly impossible.  Had the detailed description up on their terrible support forum for a couple of days now... no responses, and just a couple of views.  Seems to be the trend, there.  Good grief.  This might top even Comcast for worst support I've yet dealt with.  It'd be enraging if it wasnt so fascinating (particularly because the actual games are so GOOD), like some sort of perpetual train wreck.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #769 on: March 21, 2015, 04:32:01 am »
Okay, I officially have finally found a worse tech support than that of Comcast.  Blizzard now takes the cake, and probably shoved it up their nose or something.  I dont think I'll be finding a worse one anytime soon.  If ever.

Not even a single view past the last time I looked at it.  Needless to say, no responses.

I'm really nearing the point of just dropping the game entirely out of disgust for the company itself. 

In random other MOBA news, I suddenly notice that Infinite Crisis is about to hit Steam.  I have only played a bit of it... this being back during the early beta, when there was only the one map to play (which wasnt the laned map), and the game seemed to have a good bit of potential to it.  So that might be worth a go, has anyone else tried that one at all?

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #770 on: March 21, 2015, 12:21:50 pm »
I have infinite crisis downloaded but have yet to play it due to time contraints, honestly not sure when I will get around to playing it.
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #771 on: March 21, 2015, 12:37:19 pm »
I have a Heroes of the Storm beta key to hand out. Just send me a PM. First come, first served.

(I'll update this post when it is gone.)

EDIT: Taken
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:45:16 pm by Mick »

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #772 on: March 21, 2015, 02:26:34 pm »
I want it!!!
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #773 on: March 25, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »
Apparently I had just received a key from Blizzard, so Mick, the key is free again if anyone else wants it. I will do another post about what I think of it.
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #774 on: March 27, 2015, 07:51:59 am »
OK then. Well if anyone wants the key, please send me a PM. It's OK if you already have access and just want another key for your friend/sibling/spouse/dog (hopefully those are not all the same thing), as long as someone will get use out of it.

Edit: taken
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:54:15 am by Mick »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2015, 08:06:44 am »
... your friend/sibling/spouse/dog (hopefully those are not all the same thing)...
Nownow, don't be judgemental. :)
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #776 on: March 28, 2015, 07:08:58 am »
WELL.  After so much anger, I eventually got HotS to work.  Not even going to try to describe what had gone wrong.

Right around that time.... is when support finally responded. 

.....nope, cant think of a good sarcastic comment for that one.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #777 on: April 09, 2015, 12:49:26 pm »
I've been playing Heroes of the Storm with a friend, mostly cooperative against AI but occasionally in quick matches. I'm still getting a feel for the heroes, trying out all the different free heroes and leveling them up for gold. It's pretty fun so far. So much better with a friend as opposed to playing solo though. I guess all these types of games are like that.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #778 on: April 09, 2015, 12:58:48 pm »
I have four more keys if anyone wants them.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #779 on: April 09, 2015, 11:14:52 pm »
I've been playing Heroes of the Storm with a friend, mostly cooperative against AI but occasionally in quick matches. I'm still getting a feel for the heroes, trying out all the different free heroes and leveling them up for gold. It's pretty fun so far. So much better with a friend as opposed to playing solo though. I guess all these types of games are like that.

Yeah, solo matches are never as fun.

Even just doing the co-op VS AI mode in the game is good, though the AI is set a bit low there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk