Author Topic: Immortal Defense is on Steam  (Read 10340 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Immortal Defense is on Steam
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 03:16:45 pm »
Also, steam sale gimmick is nominating games for awards.

Synchronized Dino Tossing won "The Game Most Likely To Get A Spectator Eaten By A Dinosaur" award

I nominated Immortal Defense for the "I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye" award

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 03:43:51 pm »

Synchronized Dino Tossing won "The Game Most Likely To Get A Spectator Eaten By A Dinosaur" award

I nominated Immortal Defense for the "I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye" award

Did the same but you should put this into a spoiler because peopel who didn't play the game would except this XD

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 05:04:22 pm »

Did the same but you should put this into a spoiler because peopel who didn't play the game would except this XD
then again it might make people play it and show them that not all td games are mediocre

also id like to ask for a morsel of advice about cutters I just did the 3rd map in the chapter and it showed me in painful fashion how terrible I am at using them.
 I normally put them in a place surround by path and then promptly ignore them and focus on everything (I do remember to upgrade them promptly though)  are they terrible like i think they are or am I missing something here?.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 05:27:55 pm »
I haven't beaten the cut challenge myself honestly, I will redo it since I got a medal that will help me in the final level.

Cut Points themself are neither really good nor bad. they fall into a niche where you rarely will notice them: As group killers. But because of the Ortho point that is waaay easier to predict and handle, people prefer that one even if the Cut point does actually more damage.

The problem with cut point is how unpredicatable he works. On the first level he attacks the fastest but looses attack speed on every level afterwards.Even on the last one (level 7) which is for most other points the "rage mode" where they fire uncontrollably, the cut point has a rather bad firing speed. However, his attack damage is quite high than with a BIG splash radius. Even more if you got the medal (double splash). What makes him so great in that? He looses no damage on each target he hits. Other multihitters like Ortho and Courage loose damage on each enemy they hit. Cut point doesn't a fulyl upgraded and outfittet cut point can kill an entire spwn with one hit if well aimed.

And thsi is his problem: Aiming. he has none, he shoots in circles around him. And like you said, the player will ignore him for the most time because he is busy with other stuff. Strategist points help a lot because they rederict the mines to your targets. That's why you always shoul use them together if possible.  If you don't have one but still want to redirect cut mines, use your charge attack. it does simply the same as a strategist point, you even can use it while it is charging to "collect" mines and move them to enemies. This is however tricky, so it's better if you simply use the charge attack instead of the charging process.

So to sum it: Cut points are situational where place them and how you upgrade them. A low level cut point fires more but weaker bullets, its ideal for a mine carpet to catch weakened enemies that slipped thorugh your other defenes. Put multiple of these towards the end of the path and they will get caught by the mines and die. Put higher level cut points at the start and the middle of the path, use your charge attacks or strategist points to direct them directly into enemies. Since he has a terrible fire rate it is very unlikely that he will hit an enemy by himself. They low level ones do and do a pretty good job at that (if you put them in circles) but not the higher, stronger ones.

keep in mind, the stronger ones are still the better ones because they do more damage and have a big radius. If you do 100.000 damage, you do it to everyone in the explosion radius. Aim for enemies int he middle of groups, not at teh start. Otherwise you wll loose effective AOE.

Also, if you don't have it already, the Eye of Corybantes (medal) can slow down enemies you hit. That won't help at cut campaign 3, but in other levels it will, since slower enemies are easiert o hit with the mines.

I hope this helpes you. Let me know if you beat the last level and how you did it.

Also, I have trouble with one boss on Challenge 100%.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Noyaties 19. Don't know how to do that. The thing disables my strongest points and switches between them very fast, leaving them almost no time to fire at all. and they grow larger to disable more towers at the same time the more hp they lost.
I tried courage points, I tried fear points, turning points, cut points, nothing works. Circuit poins didn't even do damage, why the hell do you get them in this level then?

If anyone knows how you can beat it, let me know. That is, for the highest difficulty, on lower diffulties I have no troubles whatsoever.

Edit: Just finished the cut challenge. You should propably set the viual settings to the lowest because in the last level it is very hard to see enemies and you have almost no lives. You cannot allow to let even a single enemy slip, so seeing them is the key to winning.
Spread out your cut points alot, put more of them toward the middle and at circles, upgrade evry single one to at leats level 3 and then upgrade one at the middle as high as possible. Spend your rest cache on strategist points, level one of them as much as possible.

They key to winnign this is to attract as many mines as possible with the strategist points, that's why you have to spread them out, otherwise you have only chokepoints and those won't work here because the neemies move too fast. It's better if you have miens aviable from every possible angle. The strategist points needs to do at least 60% damage. You have to wear them down as much as possible before they get hit by mines, so they die (hopefully) in one hit. If you notice deficits in certain areas, improve them. If an area is not covered in mines enough, build a new cut point, if mines don't do enough damage to kill an enemy, upgrade them, if you generally notice that enemies don't die fast enough, upgrade your strategist points for more percent damage. That way you should manage to win. And move around a lot, the enemies are really fast in this level and if you cannot catch up with them, you loose. Also, don't upgrade all your mines to max, you need MORE mines but also STRONG mines, therefore it is advised to have one single strong point and several cut points at level 3-4. If you have enough cache you can also buy a second or third strong cut point around level 5-6. These shoudl be in the middle so they can be attracted from any direction on the path.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:14:37 pm by TheVampire100 »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

I think the story has more impact than that.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 07:07:11 pm »
I haven't beaten the cut challenge myself honestly, I will redo it since I got a medal that will help me in the final level.

Cut Points themself are neither really good nor bad. they fall into a niche where you rarely will notice them: As group killers. But because of the Ortho point that is waaay easier to predict and handle, people prefer that one even if the Cut point does actually more damage.

The problem with cut point is how unpredicatable he works. On the first level he attacks the fastest but looses attack speed on every level afterwards.Even on the last one (level 7) which is for most other points the "rage mode" where they fire uncontrollably, the cut point has a rather bad firing speed. However, his attack damage is quite high than with a BIG splash radius. Even more if you got the medal (double splash). What makes him so great in that? He looses no damage on each target he hits. Other multihitters like Ortho and Courage loose damage on each enemy they hit. Cut point doesn't a fulyl upgraded and outfittet cut point can kill an entire spwn with one hit if well aimed.

And thsi is his problem: Aiming. he has none, he shoots in circles around him. And like you said, the player will ignore him for the most time because he is busy with other stuff. Strategist points help a lot because they rederict the mines to your targets. That's why you always shoul use them together if possible.  If you don't have one but still want to redirect cut mines, use your charge attack. it does simply the same as a strategist point, you even can use it while it is charging to "collect" mines and move them to enemies. This is however tricky, so it's better if you simply use the charge attack instead of the charging process.

So to sum it: Cut points are situational where place them and how you upgrade them. A low level cut point fires more but weaker bullets, its ideal for a mine carpet to catch weakened enemies that slipped thorugh your other defenes. Put multiple of these towards the end of the path and they will get caught by the mines and die. Put higher level cut points at the start and the middle of the path, use your charge attacks or strategist points to direct them directly into enemies. Since he has a terrible fire rate it is very unlikely that he will hit an enemy by himself. They low level ones do and do a pretty good job at that (if you put them in circles) but not the higher, stronger ones.

keep in mind, the stronger ones are still the better ones because they do more damage and have a big radius. If you do 100.000 damage, you do it to everyone in the explosion radius. Aim for enemies int he middle of groups, not at teh start. Otherwise you wll loose effective AOE.

Also, if you don't have it already, the Eye of Corybantes (medal) can slow down enemies you hit. That won't help at cut campaign 3, but in other levels it will, since slower enemies are easiert o hit with the mines.

I hope this helpes you. Let me know if you beat the last level and how you did it.

Also, I have trouble with one boss on Challenge 100%.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Noyaties 19. Don't know how to do that. The thing disables my strongest points and switches between them very fast, leaving them almost no time to fire at all. and they grow larger to disable more towers at the same time the more hp they lost.
I tried courage points, I tried fear points, turning points, cut points, nothing works. Circuit poins didn't even do damage, why the hell do you get them in this level then?

If anyone knows how you can beat it, let me know. That is, for the highest difficulty, on lower diffulties I have no troubles whatsoever.

Edit: Just finished the cut challenge. You should propably set the viual settings to the lowest because in the last level it is very hard to see enemies and you have almost no lives. You cannot allow to let even a single enemy slip, so seeing them is the key to winning.
Spread out your cut points alot, put more of them toward the middle and at circles, upgrade evry single one to at leats level 3 and then upgrade one at the middle as high as possible. Spend your rest cache on strategist points, level one of them as much as possible.

They key to winnign this is to attract as many mines as possible with the strategist points, that's why you have to spread them out, otherwise you have only chokepoints and those won't work here because the neemies move too fast. It's better if you have miens aviable from every possible angle. The strategist points needs to do at least 60% damage. You have to wear them down as much as possible before they get hit by mines, so they die (hopefully) in one hit. If you notice deficits in certain areas, improve them. If an area is not covered in mines enough, build a new cut point, if mines don't do enough damage to kill an enemy, upgrade them, if you generally notice that enemies don't die fast enough, upgrade your strategist points for more percent damage. That way you should manage to win. And move around a lot, the enemies are really fast in this level and if you cannot catch up with them, you loose. Also, don't upgrade all your mines to max, you need MORE mines but also STRONG mines, therefore it is advised to have one single strong point and several cut points at level 3-4. If you have enough cache you can also buy a second or third strong cut point around level 5-6. These shoudl be in the middle so they can be attracted from any direction on the path.
emm right so
1 I genuinely had no idea the cuts upgrade path was like that which goes to show how little attention I give but ill keep that in mind.

2 emmm well this is embarrassing I kind of fucked up and missed out that its map 3 in chapter 4 and not just map 3 ill keep what you said in mind but the mission I was referring to is a new voice.
and I've been having a goddam infuriating time trying to perfect it since whether courage and cut catches those little stragglers before they reach the end seems like complete randomness and
 the only reason I was able to beat was by turning challenge down to 30 ill have a go at it tomorrow with what you said about cut in mind though.
c.r

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 12:16:58 am »
Cut works with strategist points and not just your charge attack? I did not know this.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 09:57:51 am »
Immortal Defense has a 70% sale.  It's price is only 2,70$ now, you should grab it.

Ok, when I saw this I went: "Oh damn, I should buy it". *arrives at store page* "You already own this game". Wut. When?! July 1st.

That's.....disturbing that I forgot that.
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 11:20:47 am »
Ok, when I saw this I went: "Oh damn, I should buy it". *arrives at store page* "You already own this game". Wut. When?! July 1st.

I've done that before.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2016, 11:26:20 am »

I've done that before.

This is the first time for me and it's a weird experience.
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2016, 11:33:28 am »
This is the first time for me and it's a weird experience.

Definitely.
For me, I've had something similar happen 3 times with the same game (ARK).  I would keep forgetting I owned it, people would ask and I would say "no" only to discover it in my library later.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »
ARK or AR-K?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 07:31:28 pm »
ARK: Survival Evolved.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »
I guess the game has to be good if you wanted to buy it three times.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 12:20:36 am »
I guess the game has to be good if you wanted to buy it three times.

More like people asking me to buy and or play it with them and I'm like "but I don't own it."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk