Author Topic: Immortal Defense is on Steam  (Read 10343 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Immortal Defense is on Steam
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 05:32:56 pm »
well I just looked at it on steam and...oh my that looks very confusing I assume that won't be the case when I get round to actually playing the game although for now what I'm going to try later tonight is bro force I played the(not officially but it may as well be) demo and enjoyed it a fair bit.

You get introduced to the towers one at a time.  The first...8? levels are pretty much "here's one tower" so you get an idea of how it works.  Then a set of levels with a small selection and its not until later that you get all of them at once.

Visually though, a lot of the stuff you're looking at is just bells and whistles.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 04:46:49 am »
Yesterday I was playing the first Endless Assault level. And a funny thing happened.

Apparently I found the perfect solution somehow, since I did not die for more than 2 hours. Strategy Points damages with a percentage of the enemy units, so they scale well. What made my defenses impenetrable was Pride points though. Coincidentally, a Pride point in the right place killed over 4000 units, and its damage was more than 100 million. And since it is the only tower with such a damage, it continued to be the main damage dealer, killing more, earning more damage. This caused a deadlock.

For more than 110 minutes of my playthrough, I had all towers at maximum, placed my cursor in a corner and went to go wash dishes and walk around the house etc. I think the game would continue until eternity, if I did not get bored and sell the towers to intentionally lose the game.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:47:58 pm by tombik »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 05:06:46 am »
I have to admit I forgot this game was a thing in till I saw this thread get updated.
ill probably have a shot at it after I've finished owl boy.
c.r

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »
For more than 110 minutes of my pay through, I had all towers at maximum, placed my cursor in a corner and went to go wash dishes and walk around the house etc. I think the game would continue until eternity, if my wife and I did not get bored and sell the towers to intentionally lose the game.

Reminds me of when I crushed Onslaught 2's Lyne map.

I beat out the next highest score by almost a billion points.  The game took 6 hours.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:53 pm »
Honestly I wouldn't spend that much amount of time on a map. It's simply boring to play the same game, the same map six hours straight.
I really love Onslaught but I never wanted to put that much time or effort into it.

However, there are still records much worse, look up MMORPG Bossfights. There was a very good example on Final Fantasy 11. But there are other examples as well. I honestly don't get why people don't give up then. I it takes too long I simply would quit, it's a waste of time then.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 09:18:52 pm »
Honestly I wouldn't spend that much amount of time on a map. It's simply boring to play the same game, the same map six hours straight.
I really love Onslaught but I never wanted to put that much time or effort into it.

However, there are still records much worse, look up MMORPG Bossfights. There was a very good example on Final Fantasy 11. But there are other examples as well. I honestly don't get why people don't give up then. I it takes too long I simply would quit, it's a waste of time then.

Not to mention the nature of those fights.  Raids don't even work like normal combat; they always devolve into that hideous mess of random jumbled polygons and particles flying all over the place.  You cant even see what's happening, so all you do is watch a big pile of meters and click icons in certain orders.

I've played so many MMOs over the years, going back to things like the first Everquest (avoiding WoW however) and to this day I absolutely do not see the appeal of raids in these games.  I just don't get it.  Apparently these are enjoyable somehow.  Coulda fooled me...

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »

You assume I was actually at the computer.  I wasn't.
Once the towers were set up (which involved zooming in and individually placing them using keyboard for pixel perfect mouse movement) I walked away and checked in on it every half hour or so, at which times I did upgrades until there were no more to buy.  Then I walked away and would check on it every hour or so until the creeps overcame my defenses.

Well, I'd have to spend money (that's what the machine gun is for: it has an infinite money sink) just so my score went up.  My score could have been 87,778,112 points higher if I'd spent that remaining $4700.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »
so I've actually started playing and its all been going well expect I've gotten stuck at
Spoiler for Hiden:
the new garden ill tried just about everything I can think of but the giant point simply cant stop for very long past the first wave.
anybody got suggestions for dealing with that map?.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 05:47:26 pm »
On what challenge level are you playing? If you have problems, it may be too high or you have not enough cache collected in the last level.
You could try to collect more medals of course.

All I can say at this moment, put the point at the upper right circle of the path. I try to play the level at this moment.

Edit: Actually, it's better if you put it in the middle. Depends on where the debris is in your case. It's position is random, don't put the Danmaku near it or it will reflect most bullets.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:02:44 pm by TheVampire100 »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:36 pm »
On what challenge level are you playing? If you have problems, it may be too high or you have not enough cache collected in the last level.
You could try to collect more medals of course.

All I can say at this moment, put the point at the upper right circle of the path. I try to play the level at this moment.
so I just discovered after trying one of the badges that love increases your personal damage....hu that map actually looks doable now to answer your questions 1 its at 70 it was default for most of the first chapter but I got bored of it so I bumped it up a bit 2 my cache is 12798.
I should be able to do this in my next session after I do some experimenting with love though.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 06:18:50 pm »
12.000 Cache is waaaay too low. I have 73.000 at that level. With at least 70.000 cache you can place Danmaku and upgrade it once after the first wave.

Use your third charge attack to attack enemies that cluster together or that are close tot he exit. If you use it, all bullets at the screen will directed at your cursor position and every bullet that didn't hit an enemy will then fly back at the screen edges again, possibly hitting more enemies.
Also, this medal can be helpful (in spoiler):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Graveship Cross. You get it if you defeat the Pul Wat Aa boss fight in the first 10% of the path. Just replay the level ont he lowest difficulty and you should get it.
It charges your special attacks twice as fast and since you have to spam them here, you want this.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 07:39:08 pm »
12.000 Cache is waaaay too low. I have 73.000 at that level. With at least 70.000 cache you can place Danmaku and upgrade it once after the first wave.

Use your third charge attack to attack enemies that cluster together or that are close tot he exit. If you use it, all bullets at the screen will directed at your cursor position and every bullet that didn't hit an enemy will then fly back at the screen edges again, possibly hitting more enemies.
Also, this medal can be helpful (in spoiler):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Graveship Cross. You get it if you defeat the Pul Wat Aa boss fight in the first 10% of the path. Just replay the level ont he lowest difficulty and you should get it.
It charges your special attacks twice as fast and since you have to spam them here, you want this.
yea....I kinda forgot that cache carry's over so I've been spending rather madly that'll stop now of course.
and yea that mission was surprisingly easy once I started spamming bursts still though...that was kind of annoying really.
btw I tried the next mission with full visual effects and won but I lost 5 lives without realising and I have no idea what I managed to let through so I turned them back down to a happy medium.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 01:04:35 am »
Yeah, the visual effects are in my opiniopn way over the top. Whenever you kill something, important aspects ont he screen start to flash (points, enemies, your cursor), this stacks semeingly endlessy, so eventually your whoel screen gets filled with flashy graphics until you have  hard time to see the enemies. or your points. Or even your cursor. Toning the visual effects down helps a lot.
I've also noticed that turning shaders on seems to slow down the game a little. You won't notice it since the game runs perfectly fine but the level seem to last longer than they should and today i checked this with my stopwatch and I was right, they are several seconds longer. It's not that much but if you have REALLY long levels, this adds up. So I deactivated shaders now, visually there is not much of a difference and you won't notice an actual speed increasement but now the game runs the intended amont of time.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 12:05:45 pm »
Yeah, the visual effects are in my opiniopn way over the top. Whenever you kill something, important aspects ont he screen start to flash (points, enemies, your cursor), this stacks semeingly endlessy, so eventually your whoel screen gets filled with flashy graphics until you have  hard time to see the enemies. or your points. Or even your cursor. Toning the visual effects down helps a lot.
I've also noticed that turning shaders on seems to slow down the game a little. You won't notice it since the game runs perfectly fine but the level seem to last longer than they should and today i checked this with my stopwatch and I was right, they are several seconds longer. It's not that much but if you have REALLY long levels, this adds up. So I deactivated shaders now, visually there is not much of a difference and you won't notice an actual speed increasement but now the game runs the intended amont of time.
yea and that's just at 70 I have to wonder what its like at max ill probably take a look and reset it once into my next session.
might I mention that the track that plays on the menu is freaking amazing! the rest I've heard is pretty good but no were near as the intro track.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »
Immortal Defense has a 70% sale.  It's price is only 2,70$ now, you should grab it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk