Author Topic: God, WHY?! Panzermadels  (Read 9318 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
God, WHY?! Panzermadels
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:01:10 am »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/379980/
Some developers think they can take a joke even further.
Hatoful Boyfriend made already a joke about Dating sims in general with his Pigeon Dating Sim where all the dateable boys are real pigeons and yo are for soem reason the only human girl on this bizarre school.
Now a new developer goes one step further and makes one about tanks. That's right, about that clunky war vehicles wit the big cannons. However, all the tanks look for some reason like traditional japnese schoolgirls (ort at least what Japanese imagine how their schoolgirlslook like. do you guys ever look around in your own country?). i think this might be more inspired by Kanto collection instead of Hatoful Boyfriend since this is pretty much the same scenario but with tanks instead of ships.

I'm askign myself, when will this stop? And who buys stuff like this? Probably people who just want to jump on the joke bandwagon.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: God, WHY?! Panzermadels
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:31:09 am »
Like Five Nights at Freddies, this genre of game is known as "youtuber bait". It's tailor made for PewDiePie and his inane dribbling horde of fans.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:40:24 am »
Like Five Nights at Freddies, this genre of game is known as "youtuber bait". It's tailor made for PewDiePie and his inane dribbling horde of fans.

Seems like a poor target market since the fans might only watch the game instead of actually buy it.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:43:25 am »

Seems like a poor target market since the fans might only watch the game instead of actually buy it.
You have clearly not seen the sales figures for Five Nights at Freddies (and it's bajillion sequels).
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »

You have clearly not seen the sales figures for Five Nights at Freddies (and it's bajillion sequels).
sigh yea it outright depresses me that bullshit like that manages to sell well and yet awesome games like starward with actual effort put into it don't.
c.r

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 05:28:30 pm »
If you guys think this is bad, then you haven't seen the game about anime dating sim of girl battleships from WWII.

Yea, what I know scares me sometimes.

Either way, I find the accusation of these being YouTuber bait kind of amusing because outside of Dodger, there really isn't anyone big who covers anime games. Or at least solely covers them like some horror-genre YouTubers. Even the biggest YouTube video on Panzermadels is 45K views for a video created 6 months ago. Ooooo, get on that money bandwagon. (/sarcasm) https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Panzermadels These games are targeted at those who enjoy anime. And yeah, there are some strange anime titles but it's hardly breaking the videogame industry like it seems to be implied here. It's just that now these are being posted on Steam so we're aware of them now. There have been plenty of anime games created and posted on another service whose name I'm forgetting. Maybe I'm just weird but this is hardly the worst thing I've seen on Steam.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:32:49 pm by KingIsaacLinksr »
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 05:56:21 pm »
Oh.  You think that's weird.

No, this is actually a thing.  Aeromorphs and tankmorphs exist.

Here's a very heavily cropped image that I ran across about two weeks ago.  This crop is safe, but understand you're being spared both the full image and the stuff I had to trawl through in order to retrieve it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Are you sure?
Spoiler for Hiden:
No really, don't.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 06:01:24 pm »
Meh, KanColle is amazingly popular (and profitable) for some reason, so there will of course be knock offs of varying quality.  The most notable feature of this one is that it is a OELVN.  Still won't care.

Even so, it may be better than the Japanese KanColle ripoff that features a woman PC and horde of males that represented famous Japanese swords (and other weapons). 
No symbolism there, oh no.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 07:56:49 pm »
Kancolle combines naval warfare fans and people who like adding anime girls to things, and is also a browser game if you can read things that aren't english. As it turns out, thats not a tiny audience, though I'd still favor Arpeggio over it because scifi, awesome lasers, and not being able to read a damn thing the one time I saw the former on twitch.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:25:17 pm »
So Kancolle + Girls und Panzer. Got it.

Steam reviews are helpful as always.

To be honest this sort of thing would interest me, but it seems like they went overboard with the weaboo-trope things, what with all the "senpai" and "baka" and whatnot. I like tanks and visual novels but the writing seems way too trope-y.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:28:17 pm by Coppermantis »
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 09:18:01 pm »
There is for sure an upper limit on trying too hard with that stuff, yes. Pass it and you get into territory better left to bad subs and twitch bait instead of things that are actually for sale.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 06:04:13 am »
I'll buy it when on sale. There is just too much humor to pass up. I'm a sucker for word play, and the word play for WWII tanks is just to bloody small.

I was expecting actual honest to god armored shells, instead I see little girls with references to their persona. Guess things can't be perfect/
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »
Tbh, this makes it look very very funny... more like youtube entertainment + weird tropes + some historical facts even and of course, an AWESOME parody of the pigeon game ;P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHP2TqYGBDM

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:30:12 pm by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 08:21:23 pm »
Tbh, this makes it look very very funny... more like youtube entertainment + weird tropes + some historical facts even and of course, an AWESOME parody of the pigeon game ;P

T-34: Did you know that during the Great Patriotic war, when we were out gunned by fascists, it was a common tactic to simply drive as fast as we could at them, and ram them...I think I'd like to be a fascist tonight.

Jesus Christ.

I was expecting actual honest to god armored shells, instead I see little girls with references to their persona. Guess things can't be perfect/
If they'd done this, I would buy it tbh. Skimming through the video, the writing does seem funnier than it looked on the Steam store page. And of course the protagonist's name is Erwin. Of course.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:32:10 pm by Coppermantis »
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 10:53:27 pm »

T-34: Did you know that during the Great Patriotic war, when we were out gunned by fascists, it was a common tactic to simply drive as fast as we could at them, and ram them...I think I'd like to be a fascist tonight.

Jesus Christ.

That situation is about the only time you ever want to hear someone ever say that ;p Also an historical accurate tidbit, in the ex soviet nations it really ain't called WW2, it's the Great Patriotic war, even though I think Poland might disagree on that notion.

Anyway that video gave me good entertainment ;) Mainly because the dude reading the lines especially his fake french accent was funny as hell. ^^
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk