Author Topic: Electronic Arts just earned my life-long hatred.  (Read 6139 times)

Offline quickstix

• Buy Now
Re: Electronic Arts just earned my life-long hatred.
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 01:23:04 am »
Actually, I'd say the 1:1 dollar to euro would be much worse at the moment. The Aussie dollar is buying about $0.90 USD at the moment, so it's alright now, mind you it could well change to $0.70 USD within about a month considering how unstable and crazy the market is these days.

Just goes to show how region pricing really hurts quite a lot of people all over the world. It's just such a shame that we can only do so much to protest, because the majority of people who buy games from the big companies simply aren't aware of the issues at stake. But at least I know my money is going to developers who really deserve it.

Offline Alex2290

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 02:21:59 pm »
After I bought spore and had so many problems with it I'm not buying a game from EA again. I bought spore a few days after it came out and I am proud to say that I haven't bought a single game made by EA since.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »
I bought Dragon Age Origins recently.

All would be nice and well IF I could access by additional DLC content. Currently 0 support from their side and no other solution found for my PC throwing system error instead of connecting nicely.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 07:59:26 pm »
I got that too (been waiting since NY Comic Con for that one), Dragon Age: Origins.

Amazingly well done game so far, and my girlfriend really likes it too. That now makes two games she likes, this and Torchlight. It really sucks she doesn't like AI War because this is one of the few really great multiplayer games of the last few years.

I don't know what the DRM on this is (I got the usual no-CD for my laptop) but so far it has proven unproblematic for me. Impulse sells it, but I didn't know that would be the case when I pre-ordered it months and months ago.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 03:28:19 am »
It's not the games DRM.

It's the requirement to create an account on their servers to be able to download additional content you paid for with game. My copy stubbornly displays error when trying to login on their site so I can't use any additional content that I paid for. And looking at various forums I'm not the only one....

Offline Admiral

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 12:03:58 pm »
Yes, I understand that's your problem. I haven't even tried to download the additional content after reading all about the problems.

Bottom line: Expect more of this sleazy "online tie-in" and "DLC requirements" in the future. Soon, they'll all just ship an empty box with a code that requires you to download the game entirely. (See my earlier comments on Dawn of War II which does exactly that.) That blows the first-sale doctrine as well, and may cause problems with them in court one day.

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 03:59:24 pm »
I am straight out anti-EA on regards to particularities.
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk