Author Topic: Early Access, gift or plague?  (Read 15758 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Early Access, gift or plague?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 09:14:42 am »
Dungeon Defenders 1 was like that too. The community has always been ridiculously toxic.
I have a screenshot around somewhere where one of the forum global mods (not a Trendy employee, but a volunteer) intentionally misquoted me (an instant ban-level level TOS violation) in order to then insult my intelligence and/or observation skills.
Yeah, that's because in DD you have limited respurces and on top of that a limit on how much you can buil on that level (building cap). In DD1 it was at least pretty high but DD2 sets the cap really low on top of heavy tower costs.
Sanctum (1 at least) does not have this problem, in multiple ways. Sanctum 1 has th thing that everyone gets their own resources and there is no cap. So you pretty much want that everyone builds, so you get more firepower. Sanctum 2 now has a building cap but works around this with the fact, it also has a selection cap. Every player can have only up to four towers in Santum 2 (once you unlock all the slot, you start with only one), so the variation of towers isn't high and you are pretty much relying on other players to pick the towers, that you couldn't pick yourself. Doesn't mean that its always friendly there, there can still be people that order you around and tell you what to pick and where to build but at least you want be simply a bystander.

While we trail off into story, for me it's another reason that I dislike EA games... I made the colossal mistake of playing Divinity: Original Sins beta about 9 times (9 major beta releases) and when it finally released I was so sick and tired of everything in that starting area that it severely hampered my enjoyment... I feel like I made that same mistake with Subnautica btw...  and the same for progression based building games when the progression gets added piece by piece, I often lose any enjoyment out of being locked out of my previous progression again and again and again ~.~
Most EA games don't revert save games, so I don't start all over just because a new release comes out. I do restart however, when the finished product comes out but this depends on the final product.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 09:54:31 pm »
That said, I dislike sanctum for one, very specific reason.

There are enemies that towers cannot in any way hurt and these enemies will eventually out-pace the player in terms of strength (due to limited gun upgrades).

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2017, 12:26:52 am »
Sanctum 1 or 2?
I know there are some in Sanctum 2 but I cannot think about one in 1.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 01:04:11 am »
Sanctum 1 or 2?
I know there are some in Sanctum 2 but I cannot think about one in 1.

Could have sworn the eye-stalk testicle monsters were in both.
(And I'm not counting bosses that wreck house, those are fine)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 11:02:16 am »
Ah, I think you mean the Bobble Head, right? Yeah, I kinda forgot this one and yeah, it's the most annoying one.
I think lightning tower can hit it but there aren't many towers that can, mostly because towers don't target the weak point. Some enemies are thought anyway to be fought by the player, they are designed to get past your defenses to keep the player at alert and don't afk the whole time. Problem is, the things are even as player a pain in the neck.

I just checked before sending this post, Drone towers ignore armor, even perfect armor (that makes you invulnerable), so they can kill them.
A level 1 drone tower does 200 dps and a bobble head has 3000 hp, they move kinda slow and a drone tower can kill them in 15 seconds, faster, if they are supported by more drone towers, support towers or are upgraded.
An interestign fact is, that one drone does exact the damage (3000) a bobble head has as HP before it expires, prett obvious what they were meant to counter.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 03:45:31 pm »
Problem is, the things are even as player a pain in the neck.

Bingo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk