Author Topic: DotA 2 announces Free-to-Play with all heroes and gameplay elements unlocked!  (Read 34954 times)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
Re: DotA 2 announces Free-to-Play with all heroes and gameplay elements unlocked!
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2012, 03:06:02 am »
Keith, I'm still trying to get you one.

Apparently, the guy that was offering only had 1 key, and he said he wanted to give it to Coppermantis out of fairness (it wouldn't be right to give you a key and neglect your wife).  So I'll keep looking for you two.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: DotA 2 announces Free-to-Play with all heroes and gameplay elements unlocked!
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2012, 07:49:45 am »
Oh, ok.  Don't worry about it, we're not lacking in video games to play :)  But if a couple keys were to materialize, we'd use them.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »
Oh...I guess that makes sense, but I feel a little guilty now.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2012, 02:53:38 pm »
Oh...I guess that makes sense, but I feel a little guilty now.
Don't worry, the guilt will go away when you realize the time went into honing AIW's blades instead.

Well, maybe, depending on how you feel about all that player-blood on your hands ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2012, 02:31:30 pm »
More blood is always good.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »
I just found three invites in my inventory - keith, you still interested ?
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2012, 09:12:20 pm »
I just found three invites in my inventory - keith, you still interested ?
Absolutely :) 

Though I did just find "Gimbal" here (that's a time-limited pay-what-you-want, if you're at all interested) and that may sate my "hop in and (get) devestate(d by) some bots" desires for a while.  Figuring out where to put the thrusters was a game in and of itself!

Mentioning it here because when I saw "team multiplayer", "intricate ship design", and "totally unforgiving physics model" I thought "Wingflier" ;)

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »
last online 7 minutes ago.

well, that might make it difficult to trade with you :p
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:24 pm »
In other news I am bad at this game. I can do...okay versus easy AIs. My team wins, but I die more often than I'd like. I know the basics from watching LoL and reading DotA 2 guides, so I'm not a total failure.

I think it's my tendency to overextend and get hit by a billion stuns and surrounded. I don't dare get anywhere near team games yet because all I would do would be feed the enemy and get yelled at.

Fun game though.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »
Just "found" an extra key myself.  I only have 1 though, but if Lancefighter doesn't give you two, I can hook you up with the other.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »
after giving keith some keys, I was given another key.. apparently valve really wants me to give out lots of dota.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »
Too bad that this is totally not my genre. I'll stick with TD =)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2012, 02:21:34 am »
I too, have a key floating around, free for anyone who wants to try the game.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2012, 09:30:56 pm »
All you moba lovers here is a new release on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/90530 I won't be getting this since I'm not into the genre, but I bought both the board game and the card game, that's why I notice the familiar name. However I must admit that both physical game were kind of meh, the card one even more so.

Let's see if petroglyph finally was able to pull of something worthy with their universe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk