Author Topic: Do you like Diablo 3?  (Read 111172 times)

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Do you like Diablo 3?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 11:48:50 pm »
I'm not reading the whole thread because I want to prevent spoilers, but I am going to say I absolutely love Diablo 3. I have so many alts now that I keep relogging in to reequip characters. I'm not making a quick run for the ending, just having fun making awesome characters.

Not really any spoilers, it's mostly just complaining about D3 and then EA for a while.

Also I was playing TL2 for the beta weekend and it is amazing. I played all the content that's there with all 4 classes. That game needs to come out yesterday.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 07:29:53 am »
I'm not reading the whole thread because I want to prevent spoilers, but I am going to say I absolutely love Diablo 3. I have so many alts now that I keep relogging in to reequip characters. I'm not making a quick run for the ending, just having fun making awesome characters.

Not really any spoilers, it's mostly just complaining about D3 and then EA for a while.

Also I was playing TL2 for the beta weekend and it is amazing. I played all the content that's there with all 4 classes. That game needs to come out yesterday.

I've not been keeping up with TL2, is there any mention of what the DRM scheme will be on it?

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 08:37:50 am »

I've not been keeping up with TL2, is there any mention of what the DRM scheme will be on it?

Not sure if they went with no DRM, but at the very least when you play singleplayer it is offline.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 09:49:22 am »
By ton, you mean five, right?  Because as far as I can tell, there isn't any reason to have more than one character of each class. :)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:17 am »
I for one, after playing the beta have had more fun loading up D2 and for the first time starting over with a mod.
Ever played Din's Curse?

Most fun I've had in an Action RPG.

Yes, was fun, but not balanced (exploding arrows I think it was called? Boom. Win!)

Plus they don't allow you to summon (undead) army of minions. Which I always play as in D2.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:33 am »
Heh, this is my Diablo 3: Median XL Total Re-work Mod for Diablo II

hehe, that's the mod I'm trying.

Act 3 and I already have...18 followers (including my merc).

Still trying to decide which merc to use. Act II on paper I like most, but I already have 17 melee minions so they get crowded out / can't retreat. Act III wizard looks awesome, but he uses spells can't use items to boost those spells (sword and shield on a wizard? blah!). So I might just go back to Act I archer who spams volleys of deadly arrows.

The next game I might buy is Torchlight II. Just waiting for the demo (too late for me to try the beta, I only learned there was a beta yesterday)
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:46 pm »
By ton, you mean five, right?  Because as far as I can tell, there isn't any reason to have more than one character of each class. :)

Hardcore mode.

Or if you want to play through using a different set of skills/playstyle. While sure you could change skills up on one character, if you want to play through completely with different styles new characters of the same class isn't that crazy (though the early levels would be a little dull). I could se making new characters of the same class to play through with friends if you really like one type of character as well.

I got it, but haven't had much time to play it, in large part due to the online DRM feature which I despise (also being very busy, I'm behind on my AI war game too!). When I have played it though, I quite enjoyed it. Its a very fun game, and I love the amount of strategy/builds you can make in a single class without having to start all over due to one wrong skill/wanting to try something else out. Having to regrind up a new char because you want to allocate skills differently isn't fun replay value, its a grind. That said the online thing is a huge pain in the butt and I hate it.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »
I just played through the story in mp mode with some friends which was the point of the game to me.  However...

The online mode isn't really a problem. really, if it 'burps' it takes less than 15 seconds to get back online.  Menu and char swaps are QUICK (well, compared to Final Fantasy and previous Diablos).  Character rebuilds are handy and really, it's just more along the lines of you have a ton of skills and can choose what and when you want to use them, it's just hard to keep everything handy at once.  I think it's a pretty nice system.

If you like Diablo-ish games, it's a lot of fun and isn't really a big deal.  I could have done without the "Princess is in another castle" routine at the tail, but that's another story.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:07 pm »

I'm not sure. I'll be buying it via Steam so that'll be my DRM. It's great fun though.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 07:31:35 pm »

::) Fail at reading.

But anyway, I have one of each plus rolling hard-core characters. They needed 10 slots but only have nine.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »

::) Fail at reading.

But anyway, I have one of each plus rolling hard-core characters. They needed 10 slots but only have nine.

Tis a joke, I thought, pointing out that aside from hardcore characters you only need 5.

Gone back to using a Wizard for my D2 mercenary needs. My whole undead army does physical damage, so I need a magic damage dealer on the chance a monster is immune to physical damage. The mod allows you to custom create your own gear that allows my merc to have his very narrow and unique needs be met...mainly, by lowering enemy resistances so that they cannot be immune to his lightning bolts of doom.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »
Diablo 3 accounts getting hacked left and right despite usage of Authenticators. Looks like Blizzard is getting its teeth kicked in for its decisions around this game. Doesn't help that the service is still flaky as heck and people are getting errors, lags and DCs.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/21/shout-at-the-devil-blizzard-acknowledges-diablo-iii-hacks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:17 pm »
Diablo 3 accounts getting hacked left and right despite usage of Authenticators. Looks like Blizzard is getting its teeth kicked in for its decisions around this game. Doesn't help that the service is still flaky as heck and people are getting errors, lags and DCs.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/21/shout-at-the-devil-blizzard-acknowledges-diablo-iii-hacks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

King

Just goes to show that no amount of security can protect against hacking.

And in the process you cause great inconvenience for the consumer.

And the worst case in this case is that it's caused by connecting to other people! So you got to play singleplayer (which still needs internet) to not get infected at all. But even then I hear complaints it could.

The only fool proof ways to prevent the problem would be to play true single player or you could play LAN with friends, but alas, not allowed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:42:48 pm by chemical_art »
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

King

Just goes to show that no amount of security can protect against hacking.

And in the process you cause great inconvenience for the consumer.

And the worst case in this case is that it's caused by connecting to other people! So you got to play singleplayer (which still needs internet) to not get infected at all. But even then I hear complaints it could.

The only fool proof ways to prevent the problem would be to play true single player or you could play LAN with friends, but alas, not allowed.

Sounds like Torchlight 2 pre-orders have gone up significantly as well. I'm hoping the really bad press Blizz has gotten from D3 makes other developers hesitate before making DRM decisions like this again. Or at least, that's my hope but unfortunately, D3 also sold a ton of copies too so....gah......

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »
Most fun I've had in an Action RPG.

I 100% agree. If you can survive the horrendous graphic.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:44:25 pm by zespri »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk