Author Topic: Concerning America's mass shootings epidemic  (Read 19043 times)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
Re: Concerning America's mass shootings epidemic
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2016, 05:22:28 pm »
Quote from: Cinth
… Bunch of whining and vulgarity…

An emotional response with vulgarity this time. Really, your own personal failings and most likely the realization that your claims of being proud are feelings of embarrassment. I think you're scared to say what you're proud of because you probably have an idea of why you shouldn't be proud. Of course, I'm only assuming what you meant by your heritage when you were feigning moral indignation because you have yet to specify.

To bring this back on why this heritage thing is important, let's look at the culture of the gun lobby puppets down south. What we have here is a culture where many wave the separatist flag (a cultural artifact!)- the flag of traitors- the Confederate flag which seeks to abandon the Constitution, and on the other hand is on the verge of claiming the Second Amendment comes from their bible (another cultural artifact). A culture that wants smaller government, that government is bad, that we all need less of it and out of our business, and on the other hand can't wait to use government to give themselves tax breaks for the rich, deny the rights of gays, and take away the rights of women. The same culture that decries government also is the same culture that reveres and respects church government, and would love to enshrine "Christian values" (cultural values) in American government.

) To aid in reading comprehension, I'm going to point to the above paragraph of how I justified why heritage and culture is important. )

It's interesting, because on the one hand, the ignorant make a daily show of complaining about Muslim governments and how foreign religions are screwing up the world, but they want to do the same thing with their own religion.

And here's where it gets worse. The rich know that it's easy to manipulate people from the South by appealing to their prejudices, their religion, and the aftereffects of the Civil War (extreme poverty, education problems, low graduation rates). They will happily advertise and appeal to the desperation and the ignorance of these people and then change the message to be guns, or denying gay rights, or whatever happens to be the message on Sunday. It's extremely sad because it's so easy to dupe these people.

I think you may have thought I was joking that ignorant gun rights people want to conflate "god," the 10 Commandments, and the Second Amendment gun rights. Maybe you think it was hyperbole. Maybe you think that manipulating people's religion to justify their bad behavior and manipulate government was an exaggeration. Just Google it. It took me all of 10 seconds to find this garbage.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/10/how-are-gun-rights-god-given-and-inalienable/

There are some people who say we should respect cultures, and while I think it's important to give cultures their chance to grow and evolve, I don't think they are beyond reproach. I think we need to point out when there is a festering wound or a putrid midden that needs to be emptied. I'm doing that now, and growing up is hard to do. I won't apologize for pointing it out, and I can't be bothered to account for sensitivities.

So in short, it can be said that I'm impatient with the ignorant, and I can't respect the culture that systematically rewards and encourages ignorance, that oppresses women, and that justifies the killing of their fellow Americans by using the Second Amendment as a shield and "the word of God" as a sword.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2016, 06:11:25 pm »
Everyone involved here needs to step back, take a breath, and come back later. This thread is starting to get reports due to the attacks, and I don't want to have to shut it down or take action against the people involved here.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2016, 06:39:24 pm »
On culture.
I can't speak for the Dixies themselves, but you seem to be having quite a time conflating Libertarians, Southerners, Fundamentalist Christians, Republicans, Gun owners, Capitalists, Neocons, The Uneducated, Secessionists, Natural Born Idiots and The Violently Insane.

Are you really sure that those are all just one large group of hypocrites?

And if there's nothing human worth having in the southern US, then why did the yanks insist on maintaining the Union in the first place?

The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk