Author Topic: My life is going wild, these days.  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
My life is going wild, these days.
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:09:25 am »
I realized I haven't came to the forum since several days. (I used to visit it more than once a day.) Some discussions pushed me a little off but overall I'm still involved in the AIW2 project. I wanted to post here why I can't dedicate as much time as I want to this forum and project.

Recently, I finished my studies (Artificial Intelligence, mind you.) and searched a first job. I found one but at the same time my diploma was refused. Fortunately, my potential employer accepted to hire me anyway (at a slightly lower salary, however). In the meantime, my parents asked me make an appeal and get the very few points I need to obtain my diploma. They're right, of course, and I'll need to invest more time and energy into that.

My first job starts next monday. I hope I'll find time to come back to the forum before, but I'm afraid I'll have less time after. Or maybe more, if the paperwork settles down and free my evenings.

Bright note: I'll have cash to fund the AIW2's Kickstarter!!! ;D
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: My life is going wild, these days.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:59:01 am »
Ah, don't worry about it... the forum is great fun and all but other things often take precedence.  And you were around a lot during the formation period for the design document, which is about to be locked down, so you were here a lot during the really interesting part.   That thing is like 160 freaking pages now.  Pretty crazy.

Not to mention that once the kickstarter gets going there's a decent chance that this place will get more than a little out of control, it might be a bit overly chaotic for a bit anyway.  Much as I'm looking forward to the KS, I'm not looking forward to the "forum goes nuts" part, if it happens the way I think it might.

Good luck with that first job, by the way. 

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:18:19 am »
Congrats on making it into the work grind =). It's really the biggest step, once it cools down you'll have time again.
;D

And, the best of luck for your diploma. I know it sounds like it's a dumb paper but... where we live it's going to follow you all of your life. Do what you need to get it =).

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:32:25 am »
Sorry to hear about some of the misfortunates there, but at the same time congratulations on the new job -- and the (hopefully) inevitable diploma in your near future.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 05:40:46 am »
Thanks you all. I really appreciate. Job starts next Monday and paperwork are already settling down a bit. I'll take some times to re-read the design document now.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 12:52:20 am »
The Kickstarter went live right during my first day of work. I missed my target pledge. :'(
Anyway, I hope I'll have more time when the redshirt waves will be sent in the fire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk