Author Topic: That’s No Velociraptor!  (Read 23251 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: That’s No Velociraptor!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »
.....what happened to this thread?

.....why do I even ask?
we started talking about birds and animals not even really derailing considering this whole thread has always been about non human animals.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 08:57:04 pm »
You guys crack me up. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 01:50:10 am »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 04:39:10 am »
I don't know what there is to laugh about I was being perfectly sensible.....I think any way.
c.r

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 05:47:21 am »
Reading the numerous and very interesting pages linked in this fine "railed" topic, I had to temper my previous post.

While feathered predator dinosaurs can be scary, I think it will take much time and work to acclimate the global public about the image (and not just the idea) of feathered dinosaurs. I think we need something like a big movie the scale of Jurassic Park/World that would settle a both credible and entertaining image of feathered dinosaurs. I read on articles you linked here that Spielberg made his choice knowing the issue; I understand this choice, but now I also understand the need for the other choice.

TL;DR:
Now I'm sold on feathered raptors.
There will always be a place for saurian predators in my heart, but I'm sold.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 01:05:38 pm »
Oh, sure.
I've got a friend or two who adamantly won't ever switch, but I'm fine with that. Scaled raptors are still pretty cool looking.

Oh, and before we get too far down the track of making feathered raptors look weird, the neck is a lie.  Emily Willoughby, by the way, is the paleoartist who has done a good chunk of the dinosaur renderings on Wikipedia.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 03:28:14 pm »
I love these forums. This thread in particular. In fact, I think this is appropriate.

Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 05:48:46 pm »
I don't know what there is to laugh about I was being perfectly sensible.....I think any way.

Which just makes it funnier.

Not that I entirely know what's going on, of course...

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 05:26:32 am »
Reading the numerous and very interesting pages linked in this fine "railed" topic, I had to temper my previous post.

While feathered predator dinosaurs can be scary, I think it will take much time and work to acclimate the global public about the image (and not just the idea) of feathered dinosaurs. I think we need something like a big movie the scale of Jurassic Park/World that would settle a both credible and entertaining image of feathered dinosaurs. I read on articles you linked here that Spielberg made his choice ,knowing the issue; I understand this choice, but now I also understand the need for the other choice.

TL;DR:
Now I'm sold on feathered raptors.
There will always be a place for saurian predators in my heart, but I'm sold.
personally I think there cute that's the reason I like feathered dinos that and it makes them look more bird like and that's never a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 10:06:48 am »
The neck is a lie!!??  Wow, that's really cool... and sad in a way.  :-\
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »

Yeah, feathers are weird.  I still haven't quite figured out how bird necks work (and I own chickens!)

Still, I'm sure there's as much variance in dinos as there are in birds (eg. swan to heron).

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2016, 02:47:57 pm »

Yeah, feathers are weird.  I still haven't quite figured out how bird necks work (and I own chickens!)

Still, I'm sure there's as much variance in dinos as there are in birds (eg. swan to heron).
you have chickens?! that's awesome! what breed are they? the 6 I've got in my back yard are 2 Orpington's who we bought from a breeder an old English game(I think I'm not 100 percent sure there) and a hen who's breed we don't know and her 2 daughters and of course the 2 little twerps wandering along my bed right now who come from one of our fields we own.
c.r

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17:40 pm »
you have chickens?! that's awesome! what breed are they? the 6 I Most Certainly Have got in my back yard are 2 Orpington's who we bought from a breeder an old English game(I think I'm not 100 percent sure there) and a hen who's breed we don't know and her 2 daughters and of course the 2 little twerps wandering along my bed right now who come from one of our fields we own.

I forget now, we're on "mixed flock #3."

I can tell you we have one americauna, one barn velder, a white one (we call her Princess, she acts like it, and hasn't laid an egg in 2+ years), and 6 that came from a breeder up the road a ways.  Two of them are blue/gray, the other four are black.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 10:16:30 am »
I request a That is a Velociraptor DLC.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 10:35:54 am »
If this does well enough, I'd love to include a variety of the raptor types.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk