Author Topic: That’s No Velociraptor!  (Read 23237 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: That’s No Velociraptor!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 01:21:38 pm »
All good. :)

By the way, sometimes puppies die.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 03:14:14 pm »
All good. :)

By the way, sometimes puppies die.
and doe sometimes kill each others litter water ship down is amazingly accurate considering it was meant for young ones although I don't remember exactly if there was any baby killing in that book.

P.S. I T'Would love to see that feathered dinosaur it looks sooo cute!
pps land birds for the most part are actually fairly dangerous if you ever manage to be unlucky/dumb enough to get attacked by one not counting the kiwi of course
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:20:38 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 03:46:24 pm »
The stories of cassowaries trying to disembowel folks and instead "just knocking them off a cliff" and that sort of thing is terrifying.  Ostriches are also pretty fantastic beasts.  I'm not sure if Emus missed the memo or what.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 03:52:32 pm »
The stories of cassowaries trying to disembowel folks and instead "just knocking them off a cliff" and that sort of thing is terrifying.

And they're fruit eaters.

I'm not sure if Emus missed the memo or what.

Emus are adorable, cute, and quite house-pet-capable, as far as I understand it.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
The stories of cassowaries trying to disembowel folks and instead "just knocking them off a cliff" and that sort of thing is terrifying.

Territorial fruit eaters with a giant head crest for cracking fruit or skulls, with a giant velociraptor claw for disembowling rivals or predators or anything that gives them the stink-eye, mothers that ditch the eggs immediately, fathers that raise their kids and then ditch their kids in the woods after a certain age, and females are larger and who terrify the males out of their territory unless it's the brief period where mating is okay.

Holy run-on-sentence, Batman.  But those guy rock.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 04:03:41 pm »
As long as it's a raptor at all, that works ^^
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »
The stories of cassowaries trying to disembowel folks and instead "just knocking them off a cliff" and that sort of thing is terrifying.  Ostriches are also pretty fantastic beasts.  I'm not sure if Emus missed the memo or what.
yea funny you never hear about them murdering people since they do have talons just like their other massive cousins(I just did a fact check on google to remind my self of that) I think its because you don't generally get them near people unlike cassowaries who people tend to live next door to practically(which of course is why you hear of them beating the snot out of people so much) and ostriches while tourists do love to see them and while they do get farmed I've surprisingly never heard of them beating somebody up
I know there's enougher giant bird in the ratite family  who I think lives some were in Africa and  who If I'm thinking of the right bird keeps multiple girlfriends but doesn't really encounter people
kiwis are just adorable and want to be left alone
also back in the time period I cant remember the name of when sabre-toothed tigers were a thing there was a massive land bird that used to hunt by using its massive beak like a sledgehammer.

ps in short land birds are lovably sick don't anybody dare go putting them down!

pps sorry that was a bit rambly but I love birds in fact while I type this I've got a pare of baby chickens sleeping on my shoulders
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 04:07:41 pm »

Territorial fruit eaters with a giant head crest for cracking fruit or skulls, with a giant velociraptor claw for disembowling rivals or predators or anything that gives them the stink-eye, mothers that ditch the eggs immediately, fathers that raise their kids and then ditch their kids in the woods after a certain age, and females are larger and who terrify the males out of their territory unless it's the brief period where mating is okay.

Holy run-on-sentence, Batman.  But those guy rock.
yea there pretty rad aren't they? btw I had no idea people kept emus as house pets I always would have thought they'd be to big to be kept as house pets but I guess I know what I'm going to be looking for when I have more space now (:
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 04:09:38 pm »
Pretty awesome that you have chickens on both shoulders, but I suppose that is to be expected with your forum name. :)  The cassowary is super limited in where it lives (just one tiny place in Australia), so I think that's a big part of it.  There are a couple of awesome documentaries about them, and you can see them wandering into the one village in that area, etc.  It's really cool.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 04:21:34 pm »
Pretty awesome that you have chickens on both shoulders, but I suppose that is to be expected with your forum name. :)  The cassowary is super limited in where it lives (just one tiny place in Australia), so I think that's a big part of it.  There are a couple of awesome documentaries about them, and you can see them wandering into the one village in that area, etc.  It's really cool.
funny thing actually with my user name it comes from the days when I used to be obsessed (and I do mean obsessed as in playing it constantly) with mine craft and used my this as my  username and I've always been to lazy to come up with a different one
but yes I am obsessed with chickens and birds in general the pair sitting on my shoulders complaining because there tired and want to go to sleep are orphans that were abandoned by their mother speaking of which I need to put them to bed as well as my other birds.

ps yea I mention that but I think I'm going to edit that post so its readable to normal people in a minute
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 04:24:41 pm »
by the way did you know kiwis are part of the ratite family as well as ostriches/kassawguras/emus/bird I cant remember the name of? if you don't know what I'm talking about look them up kiwis live in new Zealand and their tiny and fluffy and adorable.
c.r

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 05:06:45 pm »
Emu house pets:

For some definition of house, anyway.  They do get pretty large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8yxd3U78zk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXiR8wdyiCc

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 05:21:27 pm »
Emu house pets:

For some definition of house, anyway.  They do get pretty large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8yxd3U78zk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXiR8wdyiCc
that's soooo cute! cuteness over load in fact  :D
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »
.....what happened to this thread?

.....why do I even ask?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 07:26:57 pm »
Misery, I am entirely certain that the thread topic is still on track.

Because that's no velociraptor, those are emus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk