Author Topic: Teaser Trailer 1: In Case Of Emergency, Release Raptor  (Read 22443 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: Teaser Trailer 1: In Case Of Emergency, Release Raptor
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 05:54:49 am »
I'd be curious to know about trailers and/or teasers that you guys have seen for any sort of game (AAA, indie, whatever) that really worked on you.  And why it worked, if you feel like explaining it (emotional impact, curiosity piqued, clearly laid out a case for unique awesomeness, whatever).
I'll tell you about Planetary Annihilation kickstarter's video. It really clicked on me, back in the day. I think it's because I explained the gameplay: macromanagement, spherical maps, multiple battlefronts, planet smashing. (However, and I don't know why, now I'm pissed off by that game.) Anyway, the trailer really worked on me because of its meaning and near-technical explanation. Though I might be a special case, and a less descriptive, more "feel" video might be better. (But for your RR video, I already knew the gameplay behind from your talking on this forum. And I was totally hooked.)
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 06:26:20 am »
You're pissed with it because it didn't deliver on the hype. It was underwhelming, a chore to play and just not what anyone was really expecting.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 06:38:49 am »
You're pissed with it because it didn't deliver on the hype. It was underwhelming, a chore to play and just not what anyone was really expecting.
Eh... I don't know.
I'll speak only for myself. When I look at it, I got all it promised: a strategy game, heir of TA and SupCom, with spherical maps, one layer higher than air (space), planet smashing... We even got the return of bot/tank (it was in TA but SupCom tied them into "land") and the SupCom's experimental units in the form of the titans. Objectively, we've got all we paid for. Still personally, I think that MY actual reason for that is that I'm a PvE player to the core. I don't play SupCom neither despite the fact it has a vivid community (FAForever) because I'm not interested in PvP. Same thing for StarCraft: I blazed through the HotS campaign, was disappointed, didn't touched it's PvP (despite I spent a bunch of time on WoL's PvP) and didn't bought LotV. And incidentally, AIW is my favorite RTS, by a huge margin.

Oh, god... Derailing... is... contagious...
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 08:34:27 am »

If anyone knows how to reach them, I'd be totally cool with something like that.  :D

Sadly, I dont know any direct way to reach them, and as far as I know they are pretty well known within the genre.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 09:34:34 am »
Ah yes, I remember the PA trailer, too.  Boy that had me excited, too.  Not enough to back, quite, because I was skeptical (cough).  But I was really excited if they could deliver.  I'll have to watch that one again.

If anyone knows how to reach them, I'd be totally cool with something like that.  :D

Sadly, I dont know any direct way to reach them, and as far as I know they are pretty well known within the genre.

Got it!  That probably answers that, then.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 11:03:59 am »
I suppose if anyone wants to try, they've got a website with a forum and a link to a twitter account.

But yeah, probably too small-time.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 11:08:28 am »
I suppose if anyone wants to try, they've got a website with a forum and a link to a twitter account.

I don't know how to ask this properly in a tweet, without making it sound like I am begging for a free thing, or I am behaving on someone's behalf without their consent. So, I will pass.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 11:12:39 am »

I don't know how to ask this properly in a tweet, without making it sound like I am begging for a free thing, or I am behaving on someone's behalf without their consent. So, I will pass.

All good -- thanks!  Since I had their twitter from there, I just reached out with the public message "We're making a raptor game; some of our fans are also your fans.  Want to do an easter egg?  Hit up arcengames at gmail if so.:)"  Innocuous enough, and makes it clear that this is meant to be a small fun thing and not some sort of major collaboration.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 12:11:47 pm »
Twitter is oddly useful for things like that.
But yeah, sounds like a good message to send.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 12:31:23 pm »
For sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk