Author Topic: This IS a dinosaur game!  (Read 22668 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: This IS a dinosaur game!
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2016, 09:07:48 pm »
That's the other game -- the survival game.  This game, about being a raptor, has no base building or survival (genre, I mean) elements at all.

In the other game, it's definitely not like an RTS at all -- you're playing from the first person.  In that one you'll both find bases and buildings of enemies that have been procedurally seeded/generated and that you can take over and augment, as well as you being able to build some form of freeform bases wherever you want.  Exactly the style of freeform building I'm not yet sure on; there are a couple of ways that I can 100% definitely do it from a technical sense, but I'm not sure which will feel fiddly versus fun.  So that bit remains to be seen on the survival game.
o......yea for a moment there I thought these were the same game I must have had a brain fart.
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2016, 09:29:23 pm »
btw that sounds freaking rad but I was just wondering if its for you to be able to build a base on top of an encampment without getting rid of that encampment? I don't imagine so since it would be probably quite exploitable but still......
c.r

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2016, 09:31:00 pm »
I doubt there would be any such restrictions.  Getting constantly murdered would probably be deterrent enough, and is most likely what would result. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2016, 09:58:59 pm »

I doubt there would be any such restrictions.  Getting constantly murdered would probably be deterrent enough, and is most likely what would result. ;)
   >D
c.r

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »
Getting constantly murdered
has a surprisingly low deterrent value for our audience.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 10:14:44 pm »

Well, I mean if that's what's fun, then hey. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 10:26:39 pm »

true true it may turn out to be over powered any way but that's what the early access testing period is for right?.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 11:32:30 pm »

If it so pleases the court, I would like to present the following as evidence : Community loves getting murdered!
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2016, 08:50:37 am »
Been meaning to say this for over a week, but at least for American language "In case of emergency, <verb> <noun>" is such a common phrase that it transcends even meme speak. Even today I see the phrase as news headlines. It is just catchy, and has been for a while.

Of course, release raptor is unique even for this old phrase. So it is awesome.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2016, 09:20:06 am »

How exactly that's a deterrent when it comes to any game is something that I, for one, certainly do not and never will understand.  Which should be more than a little obvious by now I suppose. 

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2016, 01:23:03 pm »
Been meaning to say this for over a week, but at least for American language "In case of emergency, <verb> <noun>" is such a common phrase that it transcends even meme speak. Even today I see the phrase as news headlines. It is just catchy, and has been for a while.

Of course, release raptor is unique even for this old phrase. So it is awesome.

Nice. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk