General Category > In Case Of Emergency, Release Raptor

Raptor Dev Diary #2: Thar Be Dinos Behind That Longwinded Man

<< < (2/9) > >>

mrhanman:
I really appreciate the look behind the curtain.  The dev stuff you guys post is always really interesting.

Also, it looks like the game is coming along nicely.  I can't wait to play it!

Misery:

--- Quote from: x4000 on April 28, 2016, 08:32:05 PM ---Thanks!  And yeah, the scratching is something that is a stock animation that is pretty cartoony.  That's something that will not be in the real idle animation that Blue is doing.  Though hers does have the raptor eventually look straight back behind it like "dude, are we going to do something, or...?"

I'm definitely glad to be more hands-on with the marketing again, too.  Glad to have TIME to do that.  Time definitely isn't infinite, and in fact I'm starting to feel it crunch in again a bit actually, but it's so much better than in past projects.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad you have more time available for this one than was had for Starward.  That really was rather infuriating.  That nobody went insane as a result of that is amazing.  I understand now just how anyone involved in development can get frustrated by deadlines.

Anyway, this is looking pretty good so far.  Cant wait to try it out, even if that's awhile off yet.

And that stock level it's taking place in reminds me so much of Viscera Cleanup Detail. 

Mánagarmr:
I've got an interrogation exam coming up right now, but I'll watch this as soon as I can.

Pumpkin:
You talk about darkness. What about a night vision or infrared vision instead of a light carried by the raptor? Does this kind of special vision sounds feasible?

Draco18s:
I should note that it is entirely possible to pull off alternate vision modes without having to duplicate game objects and give them new shaders.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-ShaderReplacement.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version