Author Topic: Lore timeline of the Arcenverse.  (Read 18025 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Lore timeline of the Arcenverse.
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 09:33:01 pm »
Valley is something that I imagine could theoretically exist in that universe, although way off in an insane corner gibbering to itself somewhere.  Basically the Valley games take place on a planet that had a 4D fracturing, making the planet both larger and scrambled in time periods, etc.  It features magic, which is what mainly would exclude it from the Arcenverse sci fi timeline.  That said, part of me wants to say "ah, but there might be !science! behind the mechanics of that magic!"

That may be stretching it, though. ;)
well yea considering that reality's shattered there you can pretty much do what ever you want with it lore wise although it would be really interesting to have a planet  were reality doesn't work any more now I haven't played the game(apart form a bit of the demo) but it seems pretty vague lore wise but you could potentially base enougher game there it would be really interesting to see how tlf/stars/ai races would react to coming across a planet like this.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2016, 09:58:27 pm »
Yeah, I think the story just plain didn't really have enough of a chance to go anywhere; no real ability to make a third entry in the series, really.  The first two just didn't take off.  Which is a shame, I think they should have.  So the story that is there is kinda unfinished.  I always figured it was meant to extend beyond that.

Or at least that's the impression I get.  Chris can always feel free to point out how amazingly wrong I am if I've gotten that all incorrect.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2016, 10:13:26 pm »
you know the idea of one of the tlf/stars/ai races finding this planet then being utterly confused and terrified by it amuses me greatly.
c.r

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 10:17:33 pm »
you know the idea of one of the tlf/stars/ai races finding this planet then being utterly confused and terrified by it amuses me greatly.
Well, you see, one day the Evucks manipulated the Acutians into playing baseball with the Burlusts...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:59 am »
I don't know what's happening, but it seems all the forum is submerged by an epidemic subject-drifting. Starward Rogue's new patch thread got drowned by cats, its XML Q&A drifted into math-madness, and this Release Raptor's timeline thread is showing symptoms of off-tipiccing.

And this bot brigade affair... I got it! All administrators have been replaced by autonomous bots that spam cat pics and derail threads!
Call to arms!
Humans! It's time! The war against the AIs has begun!
The AI War has begun!!!
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 08:05:47 am »
Call to arms!
The AI War has begun!!!

All must commit and be assimilated or be removed.

*Initiate Delete User Protocols*
User Name: Pumpkin
Action: Delete
Execute: Y/N ?

In all seriousness, threads being derailed on these boards is a way of life.  The SR patch thread was derailed on page 1. The XML QA was ptarth's thread and it's become a catch-all of sorts.  Mostly to get stuff answered by Keith.  This thread is actually still generally on topic.  If we try real had, we can derail it now :D
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 09:19:39 am »
Well, you see, one day the Evucks manipulated the Acutians into playing baseball with the Burlusts...
This might be the most hilarious interpretation of what happened to the Hydrals. XD

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »
This might be the most hilarious interpretation of what happened to the Hydrals. XD

And THIS might be the most hilarious interpretation of happened to the planet in the Valley games:

I don't know what's happening, but it seems all the forum is submerged by an epidemic subject-drifting.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »
The XML thread is mostly fine, by definition it is the place to go when Keith causes your sanity to shatter into a million pieces. That being the case, the process of reassembling your sanity is a strange place.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:04 pm »
Call to arms!
The AI War has begun!!!

All must commit and be assimilated or be removed.

*Initiate Delete User Protocols*
User Name: Pumpkin
Action: Delete
Execute: Y/N ?

In all seriousness, threads being derailed on these boards is a way of life.  The SR patch thread was derailed on page 1. The XML QA was ptarth's thread and it's become a catch-all of sorts.  Mostly to get stuff answered by Keith.  This thread is actually still generally on topic.  If we try real had, we can derail it now :D
yea I'm sure we could if I was in them mood id find enougher cute cat picture right now just for that purpose but I think the reason for that is generally we tend to run out of things to talk fairly quickly and then somebody brings up something more interesting and then we all talk about it and forget what the thread was there for in the first  place funnily enough though this never seems to happen on the off topics forum you know THE PLACE WERE DERAILING WOULD MAKE SENSE?! but know its in sub forums were were meant to be talking about the game the sub forums for.
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2016, 08:11:07 pm »
The XML thread is mostly fine, by definition it is the place to go when Keith causes your sanity to shatter into a million pieces. That being the case, the process of reassembling your sanity is a strange place.
wait what? I avoided that thread because well it was technical stuff I wasn't interested but I may just go visit it now.
c.r

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2016, 08:50:36 am »
wait what? I avoided that thread because well it was technical stuff I wasn't interested but I may just go visit it now.
><
Ptarth, what have you done?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2016, 03:25:10 am »
><
Ptarth, what have you done?

We're never quite sure.

But who is to blame, Ptarth, or Keith?  That's the true question.  It could be either of them or both in that section of the forum.

Obviously none of it is MY fault.  Certainly not.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2016, 05:05:57 am »
I blame everyone but myself.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2016, 02:25:10 pm »
I blame everyone but myself.
That's the default implementation, and few override it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk