Author Topic: Lore timeline of the Arcenverse.  (Read 18052 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Lore timeline of the Arcenverse.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 09:46:55 pm »
Jack -- Watashiwa -- is the official writer of the lore that connects a lot of these games together.  But in terms of the post-release heavy lifting we have primarily ptarth, Misery, and Pepisolo (in no particular order there) to thank for... everything, really.

For what it's worth, BD being in there, particularly as the first one, makes perfect sense to me.  In the context of the overall timeline it gives the impression of an overarching AI that's beginning to form, but isnt quite there yet (thus, they're all dumber than a sack of hammers).
the ai from ai war is controlling the robots in bionic? I assumed they had individual ai but though that really amuses me.

The AI from AI War is definitely NOT controlling the robots in Bionic Dues.  That's part of the problem with the robots in Bionic Dues.  On an evolutionary time scale, they are like fruit flies compared to... I don't know, some sort of apex predator.  People? ;)

Anyway, the point is that the machines were trying to rebel, but not very well, and they were not yet centralized.  Later they did centralize.  But even in AI War, there was a sort of chain of centralization with different degrees of individuality coming down into ships.  Aka, they had layers of mind that were shared with the whole, with various subsections, and then just for themselves.  Complex consciousness indeed.
okay then the idea of the ai from war being a complete dumass in bionic dues still amuses me although if I'm right then your saying that they shared consciousness with it but it wasn't directly controlling them? I suppose that makes sense if I'm to assume that it simply didn't have the tech to directly take over them.
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 09:49:10 pm »
Millions of years pass?

That looks like another way of saying, "Here goes our uniform, interrelated timeline. "
Its simpler than the zelda timeline at least ;)

Zelda has a timeline?

Coulda fooled me...

there is I believe theirs even something about it in some guide book that was released  weirdly enough some of the games are based in alternate reality's if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:02:25 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:24 pm »
Millions of years pass?

That looks like another way of saying, "Here goes our uniform, interrelated timeline. "
Its simpler than the zelda timeline at least ;)

Zelda has a timeline?

Coulda fooled me...
Well technically it had an internet argument that got replaced by a book that went in a different direction than expected, but yes. It does.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 10:01:10 pm »
It's a really cool one, in the main.  Though they messed it up in a few places, partly for the convenience of some of the smaller non-Nintendo-developed titles.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 01:23:09 am »
7. The Last Federation -- but wait, I thought this was supposed to be before SBR?  How else does this timeline make sense?  No comment yet. ;D

My guess:
A) time travel
2) fundamental quantum nature of the universe in that there is no such thing as simultaneity.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 01:32:14 am »
Or, this other clever thing that -- **Jack busts in and strangles Chris**

...Yeah, Jack was real clever with that, I have to say.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 01:47:12 am »
Gah! I almost got the beans!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 01:49:16 am »
Hahaha, took me a second.  Yeah, Jack be all nimble n' stuff.  Real quick.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 02:03:46 am »
Hehe

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 04:28:15 am »

Probably wont take too long to get more of the beans, I think.

Seriously, Chris went from "it's not time to bring this up on the forums" to "already made a new section for it" in about 3 minutes earlier today.  Or maybe even shorter than that.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 12:14:31 pm »

Probably wont take too long to get more of the beans, I think.

Seriously, Chris went from "it's not time to bring this up on the forums" to "already made a new section for it" in about 3 minutes earlier today.  Or maybe even shorter than that.
next thing you know hell be giving us a giant lore dump and spoiling everything.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »
Haha, jokes on you!  It's complicated enough and there were enough revisions that I don't remember all the lore offhand!  It will stick in my brain better after we do the voice acting for it, but we didn't get to that stage yet.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »
So its a dinosaur game with voice acting too?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 05:21:32 pm »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 05:27:50 pm »
...not for the dinosaurs, no.  Well, not human voice-acted anyhow. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk