General Category > In Case Of Emergency, Release Raptor

Lore timeline of the Arcenverse.

<< < (2/13) > >>

x4000:
Various responses:

1. Holy smokes I messed up the timeline there with Starward.  Jack and I had been talking about some things with it, and I was thinking a reordering happened that did not.  Whoops!

2. As to whether or not Bionic was intended to fit into the overall universe from day 1... I honestly am not positive on that one.  At some point it became clearly something I wanted in there, but I don't remember at all when that point was.  I _think_ that by the time Bionic released I was basically thinking "this is probably in the backstory of AI War, but I don't want to commit for sure right now."

3. Yep!  The lore stuff is coming, just a lot more slowly.  And yes the game did not sell well, but we have awesome volunteers who are making all that happen.

Misery:
For what it's worth, BD being in there, particularly as the first one, makes perfect sense to me.  In the context of the overall timeline it gives the impression of an overarching AI that's beginning to form, but isnt quite there yet (thus, they're all dumber than a sack of hammers).

crazyroosterman:

--- Quote from: x4000 on March 08, 2016, 09:24:16 PM ---Various responses:

1. Holy smokes I messed up the timeline there with Starward.  Jack and I had been talking about some things with it, and I was thinking a reordering happened that did not.  Whoops!

2. As to whether or not Bionic was intended to fit into the overall universe from day 1... I honestly am not positive on that one.  At some point it became clearly something I wanted in there, but I don't remember at all when that point was.  I _think_ that by the time Bionic released I was basically thinking "this is probably in the backstory of AI War, but I don't want to commit for sure right now."

3. Yep!  The lore stuff is coming, just a lot more slowly.  And yes the game did not sell well, but we have awesome volunteers who are making all that happen.

--- End quote ---

1 hehehe considering how vague the lore in stars is at the moment I'm not to surprised.

2 fair enough.

3 (: who in particular? id like to give those people a virtual cookie having some actual explanations to some things would help my immersion a lot.

crazyroosterman:

--- Quote from: Misery on March 08, 2016, 09:28:59 PM ---For what it's worth, BD being in there, particularly as the first one, makes perfect sense to me.  In the context of the overall timeline it gives the impression of an overarching AI that's beginning to form, but isnt quite there yet (thus, they're all dumber than a sack of hammers).

--- End quote ---
the ai from ai war is controlling the robots in bionic? I assumed they had individual ai but though that really amuses me.

x4000:
Jack -- Watashiwa -- is the official writer of the lore that connects a lot of these games together.  But in terms of the post-release heavy lifting we have primarily ptarth, Misery, and Pepisolo (in no particular order there) to thank for... everything, really.

--- Quote from: crazyroosterman on March 08, 2016, 09:32:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Misery on March 08, 2016, 09:28:59 PM ---For what it's worth, BD being in there, particularly as the first one, makes perfect sense to me.  In the context of the overall timeline it gives the impression of an overarching AI that's beginning to form, but isnt quite there yet (thus, they're all dumber than a sack of hammers).

--- End quote ---
the ai from ai war is controlling the robots in bionic? I assumed they had individual ai but though that really amuses me.

--- End quote ---

The AI from AI War is definitely NOT controlling the robots in Bionic Dues.  That's part of the problem with the robots in Bionic Dues.  On an evolutionary time scale, they are like fruit flies compared to... I don't know, some sort of apex predator.  People? ;)

Anyway, the point is that the machines were trying to rebel, but not very well, and they were not yet centralized.  Later they did centralize.  But even in AI War, there was a sort of chain of centralization with different degrees of individuality coming down into ships.  Aka, they had layers of mind that were shared with the whole, with various subsections, and then just for themselves.  Complex consciousness indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version