General Category > In Case Of Emergency, Release Raptor

All right, let's get this over with: August 17th is the new release date.

<< < (6/6)

Pumpkin:

--- Quote from: chemical_art on July 30, 2016, 12:17:41 am ---
--- Quote from: x4000 on July 28, 2016, 12:36:05 pm ---Keith and I have both been thinking about an AI War 2 at this point, but from very different perspectives.  Whether and how the two of us come together to work on that, and how we divide the labor, remains to be seen.  Most likely he would take simulation and AI, I'd take display and networking, and we'd divide interface and procedural generation.  Probably.  I haven't spoken to him at all about this in quite a while, so he might be reading this going "what the heck??" ;)

--- End quote ---

I wanted to say I felt as a snake in the grass, but the idiom is the opposite of what I feel. So I feel, like a fox near its foxhole (maybe?), who lately hides but always listening and I say this:

If there was ever a project I would want to be an alpha tester of instead of the very last line of beta testers, this would be the project. It would be a project I would be willing to go into the trenches for week in and week out. I owe it one a personal level. Its soul is where I started this forum, and I would give it my soul.

The heart of participation is there for this potential project.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Chris, you should just drop RR and SBR right now and jump on AIW2. :P

Of course I'm not serious, but I have to admit I can't get truly engaged with SR and RR. Even SBR isn't a think I deeply invested in while the redshirts were jumping in. But AIW... I'm very pleased with how the Freaking VolunteersTM were able to work with SR (Mysery, Pepisolo and the others I forget) and I hope I'll be able to do something like that with AIW2. How lovely it would be to do tweaks and balance and content creation on the very game I can spend hundreds of hours in and around. I can't wait. Sincerely, I do my best, but I can't.

Ah, you shouldn't have talked about AIW2 here. We're already stealing that thread and running far away with it...

Cyborg:

--- Quote from: chemical_art on July 30, 2016, 12:17:41 am ---
--- Quote from: x4000 on July 28, 2016, 12:36:05 pm ---Keith and I have both been thinking about an AI War 2 at this point, but from very different perspectives.  Whether and how the two of us come together to work on that, and how we divide the labor, remains to be seen.  Most likely he would take simulation and AI, I'd take display and networking, and we'd divide interface and procedural generation.  Probably.  I haven't spoken to him at all about this in quite a while, so he might be reading this going "what the heck??" ;)

--- End quote ---

I wanted to say I felt as a snake in the grass, but the idiom is the opposite of what I feel. So I feel, like a fox near its foxhole (maybe?), who lately hides but always listening and I say this:

If there was ever a project I would want to be an alpha tester of instead of the very last line of beta testers, this would be the project. It would be a project I would be willing to go into the trenches for week in and week out. I owe it one a personal level. Its soul is where I started this forum, and I would give it my soul.

The heart of participation is there for this potential project.

--- End quote ---

Nothing but dedication from me for AI war 2.

x4000:
It might be interesting as a next project after the Raptor project, I'm not sure.  Depends on where things are with the company at that point on a lot of fronts.

crazyroosterman:
about the pod cast I was pretty glad they noticed that this games coming unlike the others sbr(which to be fair has a massive question mark over its head right so it would have been a waste of time for them to talk about it)
and star ward rogue which they didn't notice when it was about to release or when it did even.
hell I think there still not aware of its existence considering that it got zero mention when rr turned up.

over all though their response was what I expected I imagine tb would be more enthusiastic about this game if he actually played it which of course he (rightfully) won't till its hopefully fully released although
but i was very pleased by jesses reaction to it not that it surprised me to much it really is perfect for him.

x4000:
Okay, as some folks suggested, the derailment of this thread got so heavy and specific that it was made into its own topic for further discussion: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,18892.0.html

It ought to have better visibility there anyhow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version