General Category > In Case Of Emergency, Release Raptor

All right, let's get this over with: August 17th is the new release date.

<< < (5/6) > >>

Aklyon:

--- Quote from: TheVampire100 on July 29, 2016, 11:15:51 am ---Starbound hasn't changed that much. People complain a lot about it but seriously, they couldn't have added much more to begin with.
It's always the usual "your design of game does not fit my personal vision of the game" whining. Peopel except the developers do exactly the kind of game they except it to be and not the developers vision. And god forbid if the developers add their own ideas! How could they do such an outrageous act?

Starbound is okay where it is now. Except some bugs and performance issues (for some). Somehow fullscreen does not work for me, that's my only complaint at the moment. I like however that they added a way to make better use of farming with the market system. now you can sell crops in a Harvest Moon-like system.

--- End quote ---
The generic as all hell new story is the only thing I've heard of that really bothers me. Like, if you're going to have a story at all with multiple race selection, could it at least care who you picked? I don't think carnivorous plant-based aliens and medieval stasis robots would even stick around in the same place as the hoomans just from their description alone.

x4000:
For sure -- I agree I hope it will do well with that sort of crowd. :)

TheVampire100:

--- Quote from: Aklyon on July 29, 2016, 03:04:06 pm ---
--- Quote from: TheVampire100 on July 29, 2016, 11:15:51 am ---Starbound hasn't changed that much. People complain a lot about it but seriously, they couldn't have added much more to begin with.
It's always the usual "your design of game does not fit my personal vision of the game" whining. Peopel except the developers do exactly the kind of game they except it to be and not the developers vision. And god forbid if the developers add their own ideas! How could they do such an outrageous act?

Starbound is okay where it is now. Except some bugs and performance issues (for some). Somehow fullscreen does not work for me, that's my only complaint at the moment. I like however that they added a way to make better use of farming with the market system. now you can sell crops in a Harvest Moon-like system.

--- End quote ---
The generic as all hell new story is the only thing I've heard of that really bothers me. Like, if you're going to have a story at all with multiple race selection, could it at least care who you picked? I don't think carnivorous plant-based aliens and medieval stasis robots would even stick around in the same place as the hoomans just from their description alone.

--- End quote ---

Suff like this bothers me not much. i play Novakids anyway who didn't get any love at all (no Novakid villages, no Novakid lore that was there before the 1.0 update but was for soem reason removed after).

What me bothers however are the stupid scanning missions during the story line. You have to search eternally for a good village and even then you get only a small fragment of what you actually need. the purpose is clear, artifical playing time. it is only in there to keep the player longer int he game than he should.

Misery:

--- Quote from: Watashiwa on July 29, 2016, 01:28:23 am ---Hey guys how's the game com... reads Chris's hyperbole

reads the rest of the post

Ah. So... Chris is letting perfectionism lead to feature creep delaying the full release while he makes highly technical changes that he wants to get absolutely right, which is when perfectionism leads to yet more feature creep... Tuesday at Arcen.  :P

--- End quote ---

It's also a matter of general content, really.  There needs to be enough rooms and enemies and things too, dont want the game getting repetitive or anything.

I've only been able to do the rooms so much myself, as my arm went bad again, which is irritating.  Currently helping with what Chris calls "tactical ideas/situations" and coming up with ideas for objects/enemies.  So, I've officially warned you in advance that there might be some devious stuff in here, because hahaha.  I probably shouldnt reveal anything here, so I'm not going to, but I think there's going to be some very interesting and creative rooms full of neat (and murderous) stuff.    I'm blaming the weather.

And yeah, the "Tuesday at Arcen" bit.  That happens alot, doesnt it, with pretty much all these games.  My favorite is still TLF's entire battle system being ripped out and totally replaced.   Twice, if I recall correctly.

chemical_art:

--- Quote from: x4000 on July 28, 2016, 12:36:05 pm ---Keith and I have both been thinking about an AI War 2 at this point, but from very different perspectives.  Whether and how the two of us come together to work on that, and how we divide the labor, remains to be seen.  Most likely he would take simulation and AI, I'd take display and networking, and we'd divide interface and procedural generation.  Probably.  I haven't spoken to him at all about this in quite a while, so he might be reading this going "what the heck??" ;)

--- End quote ---

I wanted to say I felt as a snake in the grass, but the idiom is the opposite of what I feel. So I feel, like a fox near its foxhole (maybe?), who lately hides but always listening and I say this:

If there was ever a project I would want to be an alpha tester of instead of the very last line of beta testers, this would be the project. It would be a project I would be willing to go into the trenches for week in and week out. I owe it one a personal level. Its soul is where I started this forum, and I would give it my soul.

The heart of participation is there for this potential project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version