Author Topic: Twisted Fates (iPhone)  (Read 6786 times)

Offline HitmanN

Twisted Fates (iPhone)
« on: November 11, 2010, 08:02:39 am »
First, I only did the graphics and website for this one. Programming by Lewis Pugh, aka Leuvsion, and music by Jon Adamich. That said, it is our first small indie effort, for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (I don't even have one myself, I'm just the graphic artist, heh), and not so much a way to profit as it is to improve our skills, so feedback is welcome and desired.

The game is available for a mere $2.99 on iTunes/App Store, so if you have an Apple device, and feel like supporting, or generally enjoy cute, light-hearted platformers, consider giving Twisted Fates a try. Thanks. :)

More info below.

TWISTED FATES
Three girls end up in a world unlike our own. Surrounded by strange creatures and odd locals, their only salvation is their...

Water guns!

Luckily water is a powerful element in this strange land, and just the thing they happen to be in possession of. Their objective now is to find a way back home, but before them stands a foe shrouded in darkness, terrorizing the local population.

Are the girls fated to face this dark being in order to get back home?

WHAT IS TWISTED FATES
Twisted Fates is the first installment in a series of games in the fantasy world of Evan. Featuring platforming action, with a hint of puzzle solving, exploration and RPG elements mixed in.

Twisted Fates is available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, and upon purchase you get access to versions for all three supported devices. Want to try the game before buying? A lite demo version will also be available in near future!

Features:
  • 35 levels of platforming, action, item searching, exploration, sneaking...
  • Three playable characters, and more to unlock
  • Unique statistics and special attack for each character
  • Defeat enemies to improve characters and their weapons with experience points and water orbs
  • 16 types of enemies, ranging from puny slimes to formidable beings
  • Three level themes, plus several unique places to explore
  • Variable weather effects that may affect things
  • OpenFeint achievements to unlock
  • Two mini-games to unlock
  • 20 optional challenges/quests with more unlockable features and bonuses as rewards.

LINKS

Official website:
http://www.twistedteam.com/TF

Twisted Fates @ iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/twisted-fates/id400593403?mt=8

Leuvsion's YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/leuvsion

Release Trailer (excuse the poor framerate at times, the game is somewhat faster):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbaMvKMXunU
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:18:06 am by HitmanN »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Twisted Fates (iPhone)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:30 am »
Get me an Android port, please! :)
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline HitmanN

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:56:36 am »
I have no idea what that would involve, and it's been asked before as well, but I will relay all wishes to Leuvsion, the programmer. My guess for now is that there won't be one, as he focuses his efforts on Apple products.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:27 am »
It was mostly a joke, as I'm aware how much work that would involve. Still, if they'd do it, it would be great! Most publishers seem to port only once the iPhone market is saturated. For understandable reasons.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:11:54 pm »
Hmm, I'll give this a look, my iPhone needs a quality game these days without -AAA- attachments or companies that.....*stops self before ranting*

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline HitmanN

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:22:52 pm »
Oh, right, forgot to mention, there's a LITE version out now. It's basically a demo with half a dozen levels. I don't know anything beyond that though, as I haven't been following the progress of that version as closely. It's probably a bit short to give a real feel of the game, but should at least indicate if you're even remotely in the ballpark to like it.

And if/when you do try the full or LITE version, we'd appreciate any and all honest feedback on anything. A sequel is being planned, and we need to know what to improve in that, so feedback would be a big help. :) Thanks!

Offline regnared

• Arcen Games Artist
  • Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »
Wow this looks really good, will check it out! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk