Author Topic: New Game Ideas?  (Read 18635 times)

Offline Drjones013

New Game Ideas?
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:19:44 am »
I want a remake of 7 Cities of Gold but instead of Indians, Human survivors of the post-AI apocalypse. While people are off doing great deeds against the machine, what about the resistance groups? How about a game where you try and locate human survivors on an AI War-like map (and get to witness AI War battles) but are instead focused on rebuilding human culture while staying under the AI Radar? The human cities would lack certain goods which the player would arrange to have transported back and forth, Neinzul would try to raid you and the settlements, Zenith would try to sell you ridiculously over-priced toaster ovens....

It'd be Valley in Space!

Offline Histidine

Re: New Game Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:10:14 am »
Spire dating sim

bring back Exodus Starport 28

Actually, what I'd like to see that hasn't already been done well (though this is really outside the usual Arcen fare) is a flight action game (either atmospheric or in space). There's been a lot of attempts at doing it right on the PC in the past decade, but none that quite get it, so I'd like for some imaginative indie dev like Chris to have a go.

Offline tanyal

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:02:16 am »
How about trying the multi-player NFL Game Day Heroes at http://nflrz.nflrush.com/mobileapps/game-day-heroes ? It sure got me and my pals hooked.  :D 8)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:03:28 am by tanyal »

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:27:58 am »
Spire dating sim

bring back Exodus Starport 28

Actually, what I'd like to see that hasn't already been done well (though this is really outside the usual Arcen fare) is a flight action game (either atmospheric or in space). There's been a lot of attempts at doing it right on the PC in the past decade, but none that quite get it, so I'd like for some imaginative indie dev like Chris to have a go.

Kind of like Luftrausers? I've not played it, but it looks like what you describe.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:33:57 am »
Luftrausers?
Hmm, looks rather like a 2D shooter in a quasi-WWII setting. I was actually thinking something along the lines of Ace Combat.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51:24 pm »
Economic trade and supply/production sim in AI War universe, on procedural planets. Think Transport Tycoon, just better ;P The clue? You have to do economic connections, links, adjacencies and logistics in order to build a colony-ship, once launched you land on a completely undeveloped randomized planet with various things possible (extreme plant-growth, local nests, competition from aliens etc.) and all that to build up your colony, as it grows second and third colonies spawn needing even more resources.

In order to make this truly infinite, the maps work like in Sim City 4, border connections are possible, and you can travel to a different planetary sector, build up infrastructure there and send all the goods to the border, where they then spawn on your home map so to speak.

Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »
Economic trade and supply/production sim in AI War universe, on procedural planets. Think Transport Tycoon, just better ;P The clue? You have to do economic connections, links, adjacencies and logistics in order to build a colony-ship, once launched you land on a completely undeveloped randomized planet with various things possible (extreme plant-growth, local nests, competition from aliens etc.) and all that to build up your colony, as it grows second and third colonies spawn needing even more resources.

In order to make this truly infinite, the maps work like in Sim City 4, border connections are possible, and you can travel to a different planetary sector, build up infrastructure there and send all the goods to the border, where they then spawn on your home map so to speak.

Sounds like a prequel to Space Bucks.  Which I was terrible at as a kid, but once I looked at it as a college graduate I figured out those bits of information I'd been missing as a kid and eventually crashed the game (cash reserves for the 1st place player--me--hit the 32 bit signed integer limit, about $2 billion).

I had no ability to buy-out the AI players (they never sell stock in their company and there's no way to force them out of a market) so the game was fundamentally impossible to actually win.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 04:50:56 pm »

Sounds like a prequel to Space Bucks.  Which I was terrible at as a kid, but once I looked at it as a college graduate I figured out those bits of information I'd been missing as a kid and eventually crashed the game (cash reserves for the 1st place player--me--hit the 32 bit signed integer limit, about $2 billion).

I had no ability to buy-out the AI players (they never sell stock in their company and there's no way to force them out of a market) so the game was fundamentally impossible to actually win.

Mhh having watched a let's play ->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhq3OuQXs8 I don think that's quite what I mean ;) More like OpenTTD on a random dynamic alien world alá sid-meiers alpha centauri mixed with a more focused main-base element that you originate from, but with way more fancy tech and "cars" for your "vehicles" like weapons, protective shielding or power generators. It's really more focused on the logistic side than the business side.

In some way, maybe more like Factorio mixed with Transport Tycoon ;)
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »
Oh you totally mentioned things Space Bucks does not do (the colonization).  Just the way that you talked about interplanetary trade routes, etc. made me think of Space Bucks.  And obviously, as a 90s game it wouldn't quite have the detail that you're looking for. ;)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 07:52:14 pm »
hey so the idea I had a for a game a while ago was for a rhythm based rts something along the lines of you clicking and doing stuff to the rhythm of the music  I have no idea how youd get that to work in practise though.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk