Author Topic: Arcen passes 110,000 copies sold!  (Read 6234 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Arcen passes 110,000 copies sold!
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:24:56 am »
So I missed noticing the 110,000 copy mark.  :-[

But Arcen's titles in general have now sold well over 110,000 copies for sure, and I think if I added in some of the smaller vendors the actual number would be closer to 115,000.  But just looking at our three largest vendors combined, we're over 110,000 copies sold.

That number includes AI War and its three expansions, and Tidalis.  Now, I have to say that about 40,000 of those units were Tidalis sold at 90% off, so they really inflate things without doing much for our revenue.  But still, even 70,000 copies without those clouding it is pretty darn good!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
Re: Arcen passes 110,000 copies sold!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 01:43:51 pm »
I think Tidalis sold a little under 30,000 at 90% off, so it looks like it's actually a little better than you thought. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 01:47:52 pm »
Hmm, I thought it was about 39k, but whatever I suppose.  Still good either way!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »
Those are some darn decent numbers. Even if not at full price, that's a lot of people playing a lot of your games. Congrats, Arcen!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »
Thank you!  Now hopefully AVWW will come and blow those out of the water, so that we can afford to bring Keith on fulltime and have a little more security.  When you're a lone indie it's easier, but as a team it takes more sales to keep everyone in good shape!  But we have some super exciting (and very secret) major updates in the works for AVWW, and I think they will be a big hit when we start showing them in a couple of weeks. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk