Author Topic: Arcen Games: Music/Sound  (Read 141235 times)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Arcen Games: Music/Sound
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2010, 09:18:07 am »
That sounds a lot like Aura, from EVE Online. She's pretty much the epitome of announcement voices.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 12:13:02 pm by Moonshine Fox »
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Wingsofdomain

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2010, 12:04:51 pm »
That sounds a lot like Aura, from EVE Online]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6MauG89E8]Aura, from EVE Online. She's pretty much the epitome of announcement voices.

Yeah but that's not much to a KICKASS evil emporer. Just imagine this kind of voice when the AI sends a crossplanet attack against you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wxPTFVNEiE&feature=related   10 seconds in!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2010, 12:14:46 pm »
As long as it doesn't say "Holy, holy, holy, holy shit!" I'm good xD

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2010, 10:04:37 pm »
So like the adjutants from Starcraft? I would personally prefer one like the Protoss Advisor.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2010, 02:50:54 am »
Neh, that would require much clearer Voice as AI war is played by many non-english ;p

It doesn't need to be fancy, i was thinking more along the lines of the SINS - Advent voices.

Also, anything non female voice will be muted ;P  ;D
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2010, 03:36:53 pm »
A new sneek peak into the AI War: Light Of The Spire soundtrack is now up on my facebook music page and myspace.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »
Sounds very nice! I loved the clear synth lead you used around halfway into the song. Nice job!

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2010, 03:44:45 pm »
Yeah, the synth bells work great for this soundtrack. There is a lot of cello in it as well.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »
I've actually been meaning to ask, I know you had your music on iTunes at one point, but did you ever put up the new stuff?

EDIT: Never mind, found my answer in the AI War forum ><
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:47:48 pm by Echo35 »

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2010, 12:48:51 pm »
Have some comments on the AI War FB page here

I love the game, but I will be honest I don't like the soundtrack guys, sorry!

--

i have to agree with jim! the music is kinda off for this kinda game. i don't know what would work, just not that strange classic techno. lol! though i might listen to it separately its just strange in this game.

--

Exactly Kevin, it's not that I think the music is horrible in of its own. It's just that for a space war strategy game I'm expecting more vast orchestra, and epic conquering tunes. Hans Zimmer, James Horner, and Bear McCreary come to mind as to the type of music that goes extremely well with the game... Nevertheless, nothing to fret about considering you can turn off the soundtrack and listen to whatever you wish. And also no offense to Pablo Vega, he's not bad.
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2010, 08:32:44 pm »
Well, you can't please everyone. Thanks for sharing the comments.

Offline Wingsofdomain

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2010, 06:31:50 am »
I like the music. Although I don't like the new versions of the older soundtracks. I like the new soundtrack which I think is from Light of the spire. However is there anyway to get the old versions? :P

And well.....if someone made a fan made soundtrack? Is there any possibility, it would be added to the game? :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:37:56 am by Wingsofdomain »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2010, 11:31:57 am »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I personally love the soundtrack! Loved it from day one. In fact, the very first intro music was one of the very reasons I really sat down with the game.

Offline snrub_guy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2010, 06:39:26 am »
Hi there Pablo!

I've actually been meaning to start a thread in the AI war segment about the music, but seeing as I just discovered this one, I'll say it here: I genuinely really like the music in AI war, and I think it's getting better over time as well. I don't know the names of the tracks, but when the zenith remnant came out, I was blown away- especially be the epic organ piece. I'm also enjoying the slightly quieter piano tracks you've done recently- I think they actually add an interesting atmosphere to the game- sort of the serenity of empty space etc. Punctuated with the "heavier" tracks, the soundtrack really shines. Can't wait to hear more.

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2011, 10:21:32 am »
Hello friends,

Well, I'm back after the holiday break and ready to start a completely new soundtrack for Alden Ridge. It's going to be pretty awesome (especially for Mod track fans, aka music from the original bad ass games like Mario Bros, etc.). We're going to bring back a retro sound for this next one, and I'll keep you updated on how that's going.

I really appreciate the comments about the music, and I've had such an amazing time putting them together. With the New Year comes a new sound, and I can't wait to share it with all of you. Thanks again, and keep a look out for more updates.

Happy New Year!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk