Author Topic: Arcen Games: Music/Sound  (Read 141270 times)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Arcen Games: Music/Sound
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 02:53:21 pm »
I've stated my opinion before. Get rid of warp, and I'm happy :D
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 02:54:39 pm »
The new edit of Warp is looking more promising, so I'm sorry about that. Just hit next when you get to that track please, or just take it out of your music library. Sorry!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Salamander

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 05:18:22 pm »
I've stated my opinion before. Get rid of warp, and I'm happy :D
:P

Offline Salamander

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2010, 05:20:06 pm »
The new edit of Warp is looking more promising, so I'm sorry about that. Just hit next when you get to that track please, or just take it out of your music library. Sorry!
Much appreciation! I would have to rename Warp to something else and replace it just so I could hear it if it was removed.  ;)

Offline Elukka

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2010, 02:48:18 pm »
Love the music, Pablo.

My first thought when I heard Warp was "this is cool". I hope it stays in some form.

...If there was a more dynamic music system, that could really help with diversifying the soundtrack. I mean, it's plenty diverse already, but I can see how people can find the transition to tracks like Warp grating in the midst of things like Marisa and Midnight (although I don't). Some nice ambiance (as was mentioned with the lovely Homeworld tracks) when it's calm, something that evokes the feeling of danger when those little raids start coming in, and then some "oh shit we're all gonna to die" music when that 5000 ship AI fleet crosses into your space.

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2010, 02:52:36 pm »
That would be incredibly ideal, I agree. And I think the whole point of making the soundtrack diverse was for that very reason, but unfortunately I don't really deal with the coding of the game, so I can't do much except compose the music I'm asked to.

I think if Chris and Keith had a bit more time, they'd be able to find ways to do that, but right now, with a 4 person team we're trying to make an expansion, and there's just so much to do.

Hopefully, if these games start selling the way we'd like, then we'd be able to expand, hire more people, and have more than 4 people working at once haha. Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it! And believe me, I agree 100%. We just need to get on our feet a little more before we can start adding more stuff.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Elukka

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2010, 09:10:50 am »
I can see why it's not the first priority, but it's nice to know it's something you guys have thought about. :)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2010, 09:21:32 am »
Making a dynamic soundtrack involves a lot of work, but would definitely be cool in the future.

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2010, 09:39:02 am »
Well, I'd like to think that this soundtrack is pretty dynamic, but I see what you mean. That being said, the final polished edits are done. I'm loading them into iTunes today, and I'll let you know when then bundle for those will be ready. I'm very happy with how those turned out.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2010, 09:46:57 am »
Nice! Looking forward to it!

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2010, 02:58:32 pm »
After a long year of composing and editing, the album is done! "AI War: Fleet Command (Remastered)" is now on sale on iTunes!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ai-war-fleet-command-remastered/id404361360

Be sure to check it out!

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2010, 01:32:59 pm »
Also, if you're interested in hearing one of the new tracks for "AI War: Light Of The Spire" check out my Facebook Music page, or MySpace.

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:17 pm »
PS: I'm sorry if you have to listen to the track through MySpace. This new "Beta" for MySpace that we have to use is absolute crap, and the sound quality sounds like garbage. At least you'll get an idea of what it sounds like. It sounds like the Facebook player is fine though.

Offline Wingsofdomain

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2010, 05:05:55 am »
Hello Pablo Vega!

I am sort of a fan of arcen games and maybe for except gaming, music is my biggest interest. Making music for games is a future dream. However I feel like I want to give you some feedback, but I live in Sweden and may not be the best one in English. So if there's anything you don't understand or that sounds strange just tell me and I may rewrite it xD.

First impression of the music in AI wars was kind of strange. The music didn't feel "space" at all. I did more expect nativ americans waiting on the otherside of the wormholes. However the music IS great, and when I've played awhile I didn't have any problems with nativ americans whatsoever. I can give a lot of admiration for the music in AI wars, aswell as my girlfriend can even though she doesn't even play the game, but that would be boring. What I remember of the music may be a bit old too.

The difference between the original AI wars and Zenith remmenant is big. The music realyl gets better if you get that epansion aswell as the main menu which I noticed someelse on the thread didn't like. I also read that the "We have discovered the Zenith Rememnat" in the main menu would be removed. However that little quote is kind of interesting 'cause I realized when I heard it that AI wars lacks something other space/epic/lazers/RTS games have. Whenever you click on a unit or give 'em a command they SPEAK to you. When your units in AI wars are mute it feels more like you are leading an AI army against another AI army. There's also missing a female voice saying "Command station construction complete" or "Your command station is under attack." like there is in all other games. You may not want to be mainstream but if you actually DID add a voice that told you such stuff, instead of that anoying beeping noise, you would have a better feeling for the game I guess. Why it's nearly always a female voice saying those stuff I don't know though xD. Why not add an unreal tournament voice btw? That would be awesome.

I have been "not playing" for a time now but I will take it up and return with more and better feedback. Thank you for reading.

/Wings Of Domain

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2010, 04:50:04 am »
Just wanting to say it but - i also want a (soft) female Announcing voice (notice i said voice!) announce important stuff, like "incoming attack wave from AI 1/AI 2" or "power critical" or "Outpost under attack" or "Homeworld under attack" and especially "Warning: AI Threat Level has increased" and "Warning: Massive Enemy Attack detected" hehe - an UT style option to choose additional voices like "KICKASS Evil Emperor" and "SEXY seductress" would get massive bonus points.

Put some filters on it so it sounds nice sci-fi and tada. Whole new immersion level.

In fact - we ought to make a community effort to find the most needed Announcements (stuff that does not happen every minute) and put it together. All it needs is a good freelance VA and some recording time. It wouldn't cost all that much ;)

And its always a female voice because ...... mhh, good question. Maybe females can do the announcing better? ;p

Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk