Author Topic: Negativity on metacritic  (Read 9496 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Negativity on metacritic
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 12:52:15 am »
It's just inaccurate and mathematically annoying. If I ever start a game review site, I'm going to review games on a scale of 1 to 137 just to screw with them.
I want to open up a steam store page, scroll down and see the metascore icon with "PI/100".
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Negativity on metacritic
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2013, 10:27:38 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is it that's wrong with Metacritic? Everyone in this thread seems to consider it a necessary evil at best, but no-one's really spelled out why.

Aside from the scoring not being repesentative of the reviewer's intentions, there's also some selectivity in terms of which sites currently make it onto Metacritic.  Seasoned indie reviewers, for example, are not well represented. Our expectations should scale with the budget and manpower underlying the game.
 Many magazines used to allot the 50-70 category as "for fans who will still enjoy this". This practically no longer happens on Meta due to inconsistency between scales. Not being able to vote on which critical review(er) users find helpful. Launch date reviews versus patch. etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk