Author Topic: What is next ? Patch ? Expansion ?  (Read 2791 times)

( Tchey )

What is next ? Patch ? Expansion ?
« on: December 02, 2013, 03:08:30 pm »
Hi there,

I play Bionic Dues for two days only, and so far i enjoy the game. I'm only wondering if i should consider the game as "finished", or if i can expect more addition in a more or less near future.

Thanks !

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: What is next ? Patch ? Expansion ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »
Hi & Welcome to the forums!

For the time being the devs focus is likely on their next project (The Last Federation) more or less exclusively. So no more patches for now.

That does not mean they are finished with the game, though. In fact they mentioned multiple times that they would really like to expand Bionic - given healthy enough sales to warrant it.

At this time an expansion for Bionic is tentatively scheduled for early next year. Time - and the Steam Christmas Sale if you ask me ;) -  will tell whether it will come for real.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:39:33 pm »
Nothing is ever a 100% certainty in life of course, as a prelude to the next statement.  But we are pretty darn sure we'll do an expansion for the game, along with a series of more updates alongside it.  Generally speaking this game is really very complete in and of itself as it stands, though.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:25:49 am »
Well that's really good to hear.  This game and Skyward, either of them are ones I'd like to see further expansions for.  Though of course Skyward already has one while this doesnt.

Both games hold my attention really well, and for Bionic a couple people I know got really into it as well.   And that's saying something, because usually damn near everyone I know is never into any of the same things I am.  Most have yet to discover the magical land of indie games yet.

I'm curious though, have you guys already come up with concepts for such an expansion with this one?   The game as a whole is very well-rounded.... there's probably all sorts of directions you could go from there without messing anything up.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 09:30:59 am »
Actually, I believe most of the expansion is fully designed, we just haven't started implementing much of it yet.  Keith has worked on some of the early coding for it.  I had my head in the designs for Cretaceous, then Starport 28, then (and still) The Last Federation.  Keith was like "I totally have a design for the first Bionic expansion already," and described it.  It sounded plenty cool to me, so that was surprisingly easy for my part. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

( Tchey )

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 10:56:16 am »
I agree, the game could be seen as "finished", but still, knowing something new is coming is always good.

Are thinking about new Exos, like one hand to hand only with high armor and capacity to rush or teleport next to an ennemy ? Or a leader bot, pretty weak by itself but giving big bonuses to the team ?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 10:56:51 am »
One new exo is planned, IIRC.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk