Author Topic: Visual design health effects?  (Read 2955 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Visual design health effects?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 08:22:08 am »
Excellent!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 12:01:17 pm »
Alright, works like a charm!

Well, actually, I don't know for sure; the first time around, I played for a couple of hours, but I'm not exactly willing to use myself as a guinea pig to find out if this is fixed in the long term. But right now I can play single missions comfortably, so I think that's a mission accomplished ;)
Awesome :)

Be careful, and pace yourself, etc.  Migraines are often a very manageable condition, you just have to pay close attention to not triggering your triggers.  There are also meds that are good for shutting down a migraine that's starting up (when combined with removing the trigger sources, at least), but different ones work for different people.  In any event, keep that dialogue open with your doctor.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
  • WARNING: May Contain Objectionable Opinions
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 06:55:16 pm »
Be careful, and pace yourself, etc.  Migraines are often a very manageable condition, you just have to pay close attention to not triggering your triggers.  There are also meds that are good for shutting down a migraine that's starting up (when combined with removing the trigger sources, at least), but different ones work for different people.  In any event, keep that dialogue open with your doctor.

Will do, thanks guys :)
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Or is that "to kill"?  Hmm.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »
Bit of a longshot (hey don't even know if you wear glasses), but my brother used to get headaches when using the computer. Turns out his glasses were too strong for him. He switched to a weaker pair and the headaches stopped.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »
I used to get that wearing contacts when it was later at night and my eyes were dry.  I now wear glasses all the time, and with an anti-glare coating, and no problems of the sort since.  Though it was not migraines for me with it at the time, just headaches.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:51 pm »
Yeah, same with my bro. Not full blown migraines, but pretty bad headaches. It's pretty important to get a pair of glasses/contacts that you feel comfortable in, I think. It's quite easy to just wear whatever your given by your optometrist and try to get used to it, but sometimes you need to change or get a second opinion I think. I had one pair before and the world was swimming in front of my eyes... not good. Definitely needed a change then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk