Author Topic: Variable equipment and itom comparision.  (Read 1494 times)

Offline FrostyThePyro

Variable equipment and itom comparision.
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:47:58 pm »
Several items have different stats depending on what slot they are put in. which is displayed sorta like this

(weapon) +xx% attack power
(shield) +yy Max shield

Howerver when you are putting parts into your exos it only displays the stats that add to that slot in the part comparison screen, so if you are putting the above into the weapon it wont show the (shield) stat.   

I would love if it showed the stats that don't add in too and just had those lines greyed out, or maybe in red to show us those stats aren't active if placed there.    The reason being that maybe the part has just slightly the highest attack power, but by far the highest shield boost of available parts.  But when placing it you don't know you are giving up that shield boost by placing the part.

As a note I am not running the 1.001 beta, so I don't know if the new equipment placing interface solves this, but if id does not please consider listing the unused stats in the item comparison so we can know the opportunity cost of placing the part there instead of in a different slot.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Variable equipment and itom comparision.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »
I think this would be an improvement as well. Seconded.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 07:26:40 pm »
I'm not aware of any case in the 1.001 experimental layout where it doesn't show all the module's lines :)

It isn't done in the old model's part-picker because there simply isn't room on a 720-high display for us to add in that many lines, due to the description verbosity of some of the parts that can have those effects.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »
Just remember that suggestions should go into Mantis as well. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk