Author Topic: 0.907 out now.  (Read 1647 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
0.907 out now.
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:12:58 pm »
The release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.907_Alpha_Round_2_Start

Lots of visual changes here to make the bots clearer and so forth.  Also some changes to the ranges of certain bots to make those more interesting/threatening to play against.  Way higher sight ranges for players.

And then a goodly number of interface improvements and bugfixes. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: 0.907 out now.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:19 pm »
I really like how the wireframes of alert bots are done.  They seem to still have the "glow" even after they're within visual range.  Is this intended?  Turrets also have the "glow", and no wireframe.  Not sure if this should be mantis'd or not.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:32:32 pm »
Yep, the glow is intentional out of wireframe -- that way you can see them. It's only on alerted bots, though; unalerted bots now remain animated but do not have the glow.

The turrets should indeed have a wireframe, and probably should not glow. I'll need to address that when I go through the turrets to fix them up in general.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:48:37 pm »
Out of curiosity, how does a turret know what to target?  It seems to shoot some bots, but ignores others.  Specifically, it shot a BlasterMaster that was further away than a DoomBot, which it completely ignored.

Also, I virused that DoomBot and watched in awe as it rampaged across the map ROFLStomping everything in its path!  It currently has 4950x Attack Power!  :o

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:28:58 am »
Well, I went to try out Expert mode tonight, but that didn't work as I ran into this:  http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12307

Bloody strange problem, that, since it seems to actually fry a file every time it happens.

Tried out Hard instead, and am rushing through the early missions, which are quite easy.    We'll see what happens once the more interesting enemies show up but I'm thinking that this difficulty level is indeed going to prove to still be too easy for me.   Though the enemy range increases might help a bit there.  I'll jump into Expert as soon as it can be made to work.

And it's great that the mission loot works properly now.

EMPBots are still all sorts of broken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk