Author Topic: This game is awesome!  (Read 4542 times)

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
This game is awesome!
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:40:12 pm »
i didn't want praise to get lost in the shuffle of ideas and suggestions, so i just wanted to tell you guys how much awesome fun i'm having so far.

i'm waiting at the doctor right now with a kidney stone.  my thinkpad 2 is tethered to my phone trying to figure out how i can best play this on my windows 8 tablet without a keyboard or mouse.  it's that fun. i want to play it right now.  i wish it had touchscreen controls, but i know the demand for them is way too low to spend time implementing them. my determination is such that i'll figure something out! :D

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: This game is awesome!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »
Thank you very much!  The encouragement is certainly welcome in the dizzying first-alpha rush of complaints. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »
I've played through 3 missions so far and have to agree with the OP about it being awesome!  I've so far only a few minor issues I'll be submitting. My overall impression is pretty good though.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »
*Looks at all the threads*
Gotta be patient. More patience on order.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:08:14 pm »
+1  :-\ :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:13:05 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 01:12:20 pm »
+1 :D

By the way, you both are two of our best testers, and it's definitely not something personal that you were not in the first group.  Same for anyone else not in the first group.  We need experienced testers and new testers both in the latter groups, so it's kind of a grab bag of who goes first and who does not.  Collecting your first impressions after the current round of things are fixed up is something I really value!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »
+1 :D

By the way, you both are two of our best testers, and it's definitely not something personal that you were not in the first group.  Same for anyone else not in the first group.  We need experienced testers and new testers both in the latter groups, so it's kind of a grab bag of who goes first and who does not.  Collecting your first impressions after the current round of things are fixed up is something I really value!
That's much appreciated, thanks :). But seeing something quite anticipated start without you is still tough ;D...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 01:24:18 pm »
We'll survive... :D I think.
I'm waiting for Creeper World 3 from quite some time.. and still nothing. Getting used to waiting ;)

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
It's indeed an awesome game. It's very overwhelming at first, but much like AI War becomes strangely simple once you figure it out. There's not a whole lot bad about it, even for an "alpha" (since you guys said it was basically 90% done, this is probably why), and Misery basically covered everything I said and much more in his big post o' feedback. Still, I'll be playing a lot more.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 01:48:55 pm »
Check your PM inbox, you two. ;)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 01:59:48 pm »
Check your PM inbox, you two. ;)
Cheers :D!
I will have a quick look before bed, so do not expect full feedback until tomorrow evening ;).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »
No problems at all. ;)

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 03:24:55 pm »
Got this as loot on a level that I beat. I have no idea how it makes any sense as an item at all, because who designs scanner systems that also have mines?

Then I realized I was too busy cackling at how awesome mine laying sensors are to care that it didn't make sense.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 03:34:28 pm »
because who designs scanner systems that also have mines?
It's a surprise! ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 08:51:41 pm »
I'll give a +1 to this thread.  I'm having a blast with this so far.  Hell, Steam says I gave it 5 hours yesterday.   Five!  That's quite something for me, as normally I dont sit still very well for too long;  even Minecraft generally gets like 2 hour sessions from me and then I have to get up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk