Author Topic: The last leg of the journey to 1.0  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: The last leg of the journey to 1.0
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:03:50 am »
shop sales are out for 1.0, it's time not to be stirring the pot in that way. :)

Awww, shame... presumably the slight randomization of shop prices could make it in, though?

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12628

For some reason I want to be sitting at the shop thinking "hmmm 5000 credits for a MKX Auxiliary Reactor of Non-uberness...no way Jose!" or for a MKX Auxiliary Reactor of Uberness... "Shut up and take my credits!"

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 09:17:47 am »
Misery difficulty is coming in the very next version. :)

New features like the robot zoo or the shop sales are out for 1.0, it's time not to be stirring the pot in that way. :)

Ooh, one quick suggestion if you intend on adding the robot zoo idea later, is to make it be special optional rooms in missions, instead of the "you have to do this every time" that Dredmor generally does.  You could make the door look different, too, and have every robot in the room activate upon door opening.  And then have a bunch of high-rarity loot boxes in there become accessible if the bots are defeated.

Making it optional specifically would keep it from ever being frustrating.

Overall though I really like that idea.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 09:51:08 am »
shop sales are out for 1.0, it's time not to be stirring the pot in that way. :)

Awww, shame... presumably the slight randomization of shop prices could make it in, though?

For some reason I want to be sitting at the shop thinking "hmmm 5000 credits for a MKX Auxiliary Reactor of Non-uberness...no way Jose!" or for a MKX Auxiliary Reactor of Uberness... "Shut up and take my credits!"

I'll leave that up to Keith, but I don't see why not.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 02:56:12 pm »

My fav quote has been for awhile Micks h/h/h quote of getting kicked in the teeth by the bandits in Skyward Collapse,  :)  But your MKX Auxillary Reactor of Non and Definate Uberness!  is definitely looking like the new candidate and certainly the one for Bionic 'Uber' Dues.  :) 

-Teal

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »

My fav quote has been for awhile Micks h/h/h quote of getting kicked in the teeth by the bandits in Skyward Collapse,  :)  But your MKX Auxillary Reactor of Non and Definate Uberness!  is definitely looking like the new candidate and certainly the one for Bionic 'Uber' Dues.  :) 

-Teal

Ha! What I like about that SC quote is that it sums up the game succinctly. Whenever I place Singasteinn things usually go wrong... it is fun, though!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk