Author Topic: Silly Question  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
Silly Question
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:20:18 am »
It lets me put parts on my Exos that reduce it to negative power.  However it doesn't give any sort of warning when I do so, and even lets me exit out.  I'm afraid to try to enter a mission like this.  Is there any detriment to doing this?  Why have power requirements if you can do this?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Silly Question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 01:18:14 pm »
It actually blocks you, just belatedly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »
Ahh, ok.  All the talk about overloading your reactor and explosions in the flavor text got me paranoid I guess :)

Just another question.  I keep reading in the wiki that you can target the ground with an attack.  This would be VERY handy with AoE attacks, but I cannot figure out how to do it.  I don't even see controls in the settings.  Mind filling me in on the keyboard controls?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:21:59 pm by Chthon »

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »
Ahh, ok.  All the talk about overloading your reactor and explosions in the flavor text got me paranoid I guess :)

Just another question.  I keep reading in the wiki that you can target the ground with an attack.  This would be VERY handy with AoE attacks, but I cannot figure out how to do it.  I don't even see controls in the settings.  Mind filling me in on the keyboard controls?

Hold down the Shift key.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

Hold down the Shift key.

Thanks, any other keyboard controls of goodness to know?

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 12:41:13 am »
Iirc, the Ctrl key allows you to switch the axis of the Welding Laser's attack.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »
Iirc, the Ctrl key allows you to switch the axis of the Welding Laser's attack.
And suddenly my ninja has become destroyer of worlds.  Thank you for that.  With enough splash range I can now kill things before they come around a corner >:D

Note:  Sometimes holding shift+ctrl to get both shows my sensor range and obscures the splash damage from my weapons.  This confused me at first to think shift wasn't working.  Might want to look into that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk