Author Topic: This is why RadarBots are the bane of my existence.  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Professor Paul1290

• Sr. Member Mark II
This is why RadarBots are the bane of my existence.
« on: January 10, 2014, 01:03:55 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCFT5VaVC0M&hd=1

Skip to 1:23 for the humiliation.

This was before I learned how to deal with them properly, and not miss with a machine gun at point blank range or commit suicide with lasers.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: This is why RadarBots are the bane of my existence.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:43:03 pm »
Very funny, but sorry for the frustration.  I put a comment on the youtube video. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Professor Paul1290

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »
Yeah I've since learned to either take them from considerable distance when using AOE or use the machine gun as described.

I love how there's certain enemies in here that make you go "What in the name of **** just happened?" upon making an entrance.  :P

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 02:40:10 pm »
Oh yeah, I really love that too. :)  There's always a strategy for all of them, but having an enemy where the strategy is "never shoot right at him with a gun, aim off to the side" is pretty unusual, heh.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 11:06:24 pm »
Oh yeah, I really love that too. :)  There's always a strategy for all of them, but having an enemy where the strategy is "never shoot right at him with a gun, aim off to the side" is pretty unusual, heh.

Sorry for the slight thread-necro.

One thing I love about all your games is that you guys put so much thought and creativity into the game mechanics, often throwing aside anyone's preconceptions about how a game should work.

The various bots' interesting strengths and often highly-exploitable weaknesses never ceases to fascinate. :)  Making more-mainstream games might (or might not, at all) help your financial success, but I hope you all never stop doing what you do best. :D  Even those games of yours I don't particularly care for are always incredibly unique in some way that I can admire as almost art.

Arcen is a gem in a sea of mediocrity and blandness, and I'm always happy to try your next game and recommend it to all my friends.  Stay strong, and keep on truckin'!

*edit* Got distracted responding to Chris, but that video was funny as hell, Professor. XD I've been there, but I don't think I ever had an encounter with a Radarbot end quite so hilariously, LOL.  Again, this is why I love Arcen, so much.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:08:07 pm by doubtful »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk