Author Topic: Science mission rework  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Science mission rework
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:16:39 am »
Okay, messing around with the game more, this is the other lingering problem I remember:  Science missions are one of the highest-risk missions, yet they offer almost no reward whatsoever.  Totally worthless, there's no point in entering these.   It's just a big box filled with a million bots. No loot inside at all.  The level generator also tends to start the player near some enemy bots, already in their sight range, so they're awake and coming at you the moment the mission starts.   HunterBots are also a problem in a wide-open level like this.

Not really a major priority issue, but still, kinda annoying.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Science mission rework
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:32:10 am »
I agree with Misery here. Barely doing these myself - only if they are in my way :).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:56:17 am »
Fair enough.  These tie in pretty heavily to the customization changes I want to make in the next dev cycle (after the official release of what's already done), so good to know they have a lot of room for further reward :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:11:05 am »
Fair enough.  These tie in pretty heavily to the customization changes I want to make in the next dev cycle (after the official release of what's already done), so good to know they have a lot of room for further reward :)
Sounds good!

OT: Any thoughts on my newest manufacturing related musings here :)?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:53:05 am »
These tie in pretty heavily to the customization changes I want to make in the next dev cycle
Are you saying that you are going for not every mission giving loot in the first place, while others (Science Stations anyone?) give more?
That sounds intriguing :)...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk