Author Topic: Random suggestions  (Read 3209 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Random suggestions
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 04:08:33 pm »
I just verified.
I'm on 0.903. After I restarted mission set of bots seems to be different.
I still have Avalanche ones and Raptors.. and ofc Doombots. Strangely the one I encountered was not gathering attack power.

This is a bug then, sorry.  I'll fix that when I finish updating some of this other stuff so there are stat descriptions.

Additional question:
How does one get systems damage?

Bots have a random chance of landing that on you, as do some other damage sources.  If you have system hardening on your systems, or generalized system hardening on your shields subsystem, you can drastically reduce the chance of system damage.
I can confirm that Avalanches, Raptors and Doom Bots can be encountered during the first 5 days on Normal. I just met them ;D.

Concerning system damage, I think the game dearly needs some indicator that allows the player to check which subsystems of which Exo are currently damaged. IIRC the fact something got damaged does not even make it to the message log. Maybe add some kind of "character" menu ot tooltip for each Exo indicating its stats and current status? You know, like the character sheet/menu in a proper roguelike ;). That's something I missed for sure - if I get the changes for .904 right you might be able to reuse the stats section just added to customization...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 04:13:42 pm »
I just verified.
I'm on 0.903. After I restarted mission set of bots seems to be different.
I still have Avalanche ones and Raptors.. and ofc Doombots. Strangely the one I encountered was not gathering attack power.

This is a bug then, sorry.  I'll fix that when I finish updating some of this other stuff so there are stat descriptions.

Additional question:
How does one get systems damage?

Bots have a random chance of landing that on you, as do some other damage sources.  If you have system hardening on your systems, or generalized system hardening on your shields subsystem, you can drastically reduce the chance of system damage.
I can confirm that Avalanches, Raptors and Doom Bots can be encountered during the first 5 days on Normal. I just met them ;D.

Yep, thanks, just found and fixed that!

Concerning system damage, I think the game dearly needs some indicator that allows the player to check which subsystems of which Exo are currently damaged. IIRC the fact something got damaged does not even make it to the message log.

Noted, I've added that to my list.

Maybe add some kind of "character" menu ot tooltip for each Exo indicating its stats and current status? You know, like the character sheet/menu in a proper roguelike ;). That's something I missed for sure - if I get the changes for .904 right you might be able to reuse the stats section just added to customization...

This is already there!  Left click your character icon on the left of the screen, or right click any exo, to see this.  Right now you have to hover to get those stats on the screens, but they are still there.  0.904 makes the stats more there.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »
Actually I seen a message that system x got damaged or something similar.
It can be easily lost in message log.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk