Author Topic: Random Feedback  (Read 1453 times)

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
Random Feedback
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:24 am »
Just a pile of feedback based on my playing so far.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but mousing over any action button gives the description of that action, and then right below it gives the description of your Exo.  Seems redundant, since you can mouse over the Exo to get the same description.

Hacking computer terminals to reduce robot manufacturing/increase scavenging: Not sure if these are worth anything.  It's certainly hard to FEEL like they are worth anything, since they cost a large share of your hacking points and are only worth 1/6th or 1/10th of the daily increase.

Ouch.  Fuel tanks might need larger warning labels.  I had a fuel tank explode next to me, insta-killing my Assault... and blowing up a second fuel tank, whose resulting explosion insta-killed my Siege *in the same action*.

Hm.  I have a mod that says it applies to area of effect weapons, increasing their radius, but it won't apply to the grenade launcher or the welding laser.  Maybe it should say rocket launcher only instead of area of effect only?  Unless Brawler has a weapon that applies.  Maybe weapons should specify somewhere what class of weapon they are?

I'm not sure why landmines can only be targeted with shift-targeting.  That seems like hiding the smart way to deal with them.  Before I thought of using shift, I thought stepping on them and praying for trap avoidance was the only way to get past a landmine blocking your path.

The description of the shield generator thing (the goal of the shield mission) should probably say that you are just supposed to go to the warp gate.  I spend a while trying to figure out how I was supposed to interact with it.  Also, the description of the shield mission should probably include that you are looking for that thing, since I had no idea what my goal was when I started that mission.

Could there be a rule that salvage missions can't spawn adjacent to the HQ?  I started a game and my three adjacent missions were two salvage and one boss.  >.>  I suppose trying to tackle the boss will result in me needing those salvage, but still...

Weapon type doesn't seem to matter much in the early game.  For the first few missions, at least, the Science's pistol is the only weapon that ~doesn't~ kill any enemy in one shot, as far as I can tell.  Nice to get an easy introduction, but if the late game is significantly different (and I assume it is) you might not want to teach your players bad habits in the early game (like "fight everything with a light machinegun, because it has the most ammo").

The grenade launcher and the sniper rifle are by far my favorite weapons.  You might want a pop-up at some point that explains shift-targeting, because the grenade launcher is vastly more potent when you know about it.

It seems like what line the welding laser hits changes sometime, but I can't figure out what triggers it.  Would be nice if there was a way to "rotate" the area of the laser on command.  Arrow keys, maybe?

Anyway, more feedback when I've played more.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Random Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:05:46 am »
I'm not sure why landmines can only be targeted with shift-targeting.  That seems like hiding the smart way to deal with them.  Before I thought of using shift, I thought stepping on them and praying for trap avoidance was the only way to get past a landmine blocking your path.

If I remember correctly, trap avoidance isnt based on chance whatsoever;  if your trap avoidance stat is higher than the level of the mines/whatever that you're stepping on, you'll avoid them, simple as that.  I've found it can help to have one Exo who has a very high trap avoidance, so he can get the team past such things easily. 

And agreed on the Welding Laser thing, that bit confuses me as well. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk