Author Topic: Pistol, free action?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Pistol, free action?
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:05:25 pm »
So the ScienceExo's pistol text indicates its a "free action" which confuses me. It seems to imply that I can use the pistol without it counting as my turn (so say shoot and then move). But that doesn't appear to be how it works. Then again, maybe I'm just missing something.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Pistol, free action?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:07:31 pm »
It is should :). Shooting the pistol should behave exactly as if you had done nothing - aside from one bots movement being disabled and your pistol being emp'ed for 3 turns. If this is not what you see that's a bug. I am fairly sure it has been working in 1.013...

EDIT: Although I have to add that I use use the free action to either fire another weapon, activate stealth or switch Exos. So this might be related to moving after shooting the pistol.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:10:46 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »
Wow, I'll have to check carefully then. It really hasn't been apparent. And such a powerful feature should probably be more clearly indicated then the current text of, "eh, it's a free action". That should be a special icon and bold text or something. And I guessed what free action meant, but "doesn't end your turn" might be more clear if it is being communicated in description. Maybe "free action that doesn't end your turn" in the text, to establish what free actions are.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:18:23 pm by Hearteater »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:25:03 pm »
Maybe "it's a free action, like talking" ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk