General Category > Bionic Dues

Number of bots in a single mission vs. "kill 100 bots in one action" achievement

(1/2) > >>

CFiend:
Hello,
first post here, long time BD player (and Arcen fan since).

I was wondering how is it supposed to be possible to kill 100 bots in one action, when I'm having serious difficulties amassing more than 85 in a single Lion's Den mission. Was the algorithm for in-mission bot placement different in earlier versions of the game so that it resulted in hundreds of enemies?

Eternaly_Lost:

--- Quote from: CFiend on October 14, 2014, 06:48:40 pm ---Hello,
first post here, long time BD player (and Arcen fan since).

I was wondering how is it supposed to be possible to kill 100 bots in one action, when I'm having serious difficulties amassing more than 85 in a single Lion's Den mission. Was the algorithm for in-mission bot placement different in earlier versions of the game so that it resulted in hundreds of enemies?

--- End quote ---

Double checking the logs for the patches, the answer is yes.

Here the first entry that I could find, but there might be others around.

--- Quote ---The number of regular bot spots in lion's den missions has been cut roughly in half from 150ish to 85ish, making it so that between the 5 lion's den missions you cannot completely clear out the final battle. Still, you can make a great dent.

--- End quote ---

In other words, it was changed to likely be impossible. As you not likely to see more then the 85 bots in that mission.

You should raise an issue on this on mantis, http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Aeson:
You might be able to farm DumBots from a Skybot for this, though I'm not certain.

CFiend:
Issue opened.

--- Quote from: Aeson on October 17, 2014, 10:00:25 am ---You might be able to farm DumBots from a Skybot for this, though I'm not certain.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I also thought about that, but that's near impossible to pull off. I've tried farming Skybots for 20-kill achievement with no success - there's simply not enough space in your typical cramped-corridor-style missions.

Teal_Blue:

--- Quote from: CFiend on October 17, 2014, 12:22:54 pm ---Issue opened.

--- Quote from: Aeson on October 17, 2014, 10:00:25 am ---You might be able to farm DumBots from a Skybot for this, though I'm not certain.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I also thought about that, but that's near impossible to pull off. I've tried farming Skybots for 20-kill achievement with no success - there's simply not enough space in your typical cramped-corridor-style missions.

--- End quote ---

It would be very cool if the next upgrade put in wider corridors? (i was thinking of some money wrench that would destroy all my planning, haha)   :)  Or have 85 base plus a random 15% on 'some' missions? So that it would be possible to get the achievement, but not all the time.  :)   Just some thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version