Author Topic: My suggested conduct related achievements  (Read 8000 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
My suggested conduct related achievements
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:43 am »
Disclaimer: I will likely edit this post repeatedly, so give me some time ;).

Dead Is Dead
Permadeath: Win the game on X difficulty when enabled (x5)

On Your Toes
(Not So) Laid Back: Win the game on X difficulty when enabled (x5)

Who Designed This Circuit?
Advanced Electricity: Win the game on X difficulty when enabled (x5)

It's Dangerous To Walk Alone
Three Is A Crowd: Win the game on X difficulty with 3 Exos (x5)
Dynamic Duo: Win the game on X difficulty with 2 Exos (x5)
Lone Wolf: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Sniper Exo (x5)
Optimus: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Assault Exo (x5)
I Am Juggernaut: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Siege Exo (x5)
The Last Ninja: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Ninja Exo (x5)
Einstein: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Science Exo (x5)
The One: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Brawler Exo (x5)
(I am especially fond of the single Exo ones above ;))

Conduct Combinations
I Paid My Dues: Win the game on X difficulty with Dead Is Dead and Ironman enabled (x5)
Twitch Master: Win the game on X difficulty with On Your Toes and Ironman enabled (x5)
Power Saver: Win the game on X difficulty with Who Designed This Circuit and Ironman enabled (x5)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:50:56 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: My suggested conduct related achievements
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:12 am »
My only quibble thus far is that I'd not have it say "all conducts enabled" as there are likely to be others added later :)  But specific combinations are ok.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:29:12 am »
My only quibble thus far is that I'd not have it say "all conducts enabled" as there are likely to be others added later :)  But specific combinations are ok.
Okay. I will work on that one ;).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:53:48 pm »
I think that's it for now.

I did not add any conduct combinations for now, as I am not sure what combination would still be playable (or fun to do so). But you may of course add what you deem !!fun!! ;)...

I added some combinations with Ironman, though, which I think could get interesting :).
What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:57:19 pm by nas1m »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:06:14 pm »
All these sound good :)  One thing I just realized though: the existing ones have specific icons, right?  Not having an artist on call, I'll only be able to put in generic ones (possibly the ones from AIW).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »
All these sound good :)  One thing I just realized though: the existing ones have specific icons, right?  Not having an artist on call, I'll only be able to put in generic ones (possibly the ones from AIW).
Darn it. I wondered how you would do this and hoped you had something up you sleeve :-\.
How about recoloring/scaling some of the original ones - just for consistency?

EDIT: Come to think of it the TLF icons might be a better fit?

Offline ScrObot

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:12 pm »
Not having an artist on call, I'll only be able to put in generic ones (possibly the ones from AIW).

Crowdsource it! Contest!

They appear to be 64x64 PNG files, with a color version and a grayscale version, yes?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 05:25:30 pm »
They appear to be 64x64 PNG files, with a color version and a grayscale version, yes?
That's correct.  Basically just a color version is all we'd need; I can desaturate them myself.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »
That's correct.  Basically just a color version is all we'd need; I can desaturate them myself.
I would so some variants myself, but I have no time this week :-\.
Can these be changed later? Or are we stuck with whatever was submitted first in case of Steam?

Would be a pity to use something generic since the bionic icons actually look pretty good...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:19:31 am by nas1m »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:47 pm »
I could upload newer icons for them later.

The main question to me is if seeing generic/semi-placeholder icons (either in-game or on steam, they're used both places) is going to be bothersome to people.

Offline ScrObot

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:51 pm »
For Permadeath, you could use the Assassination mission icon, and for (Not So) Laid Back, perhaps a stopwatch?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 05:37:36 am »
I could upload newer icons for them later.

The main question to me is if seeing generic/semi-placeholder icons (either in-game or on steam, they're used both places) is going to be bothersome to people.
It would be bothersome to me, most surely :-\.
I would propose using either recolorings or mirrored versions of the following existing icons/assets:

Dead Is Dead
[DONE] Permadeath: Win the game on X difficulty when enabled (x5)

On Your Toes
[DONE] (Not So) Laid Back: Win the game on X difficulty when enabled (x5)

Who Designed This Circuit?
[DONE] Advanced Electricity: Win the game on X difficulty when enabled (x5)

It's Dangerous To Walk Alone
[DONE] Three Is A Crowd: Win the game on X difficulty with 3 Exos (x5)
[DONE] Dynamic Duo: Win the game on X difficulty with 2 Exos (x5)
[DONE] Lone Wolf: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Sniper Exo
[DONE] Optimus: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Assault Exo (x5)
[DONE] I Am Juggernaut: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Siege Exo (x5)
[DONE] The Last Ninja: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Ninja Exo (x5)
[DONE] Einstein: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Science Exo (x5)
[DONE] The One: Win the game on X difficulty with a single Brawler Exo (x5)

Conduct Combinations
[DONE] I Paid My Dues: Win the game on X difficulty with Dead Is Dead and Ironman enabled (x5)
[DONE] Twitch Master: Win the game on X difficulty with On Your Toes and Ironman enabled (x5)
[DONE] Power Saver: Win the game on X difficulty with Who Designed This Circuit and Ironman enabled (x5)

Not sure yet about the rest...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:38:23 pm by nas1m »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 04:37:09 pm »
Okay, here is my design for the first one of the new achievements (the ones related to winning a game with "It's Dangerous To Walk Alone" and a single Exo):

If you like the general design I could also add a colored border to indicate the difficulty, if you like:

EDIT: Ah, dammit. I just noticed that GIMP added the color border to the images instead of overwriting pixels. So I would have to recreate those using the proper 64 x 64 image size from slightly downscaled versions of the images without border above. But you get the general idea, I think :)...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:39:53 pm by nas1m »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 04:55:48 pm »
Looking good :)

And yea, gotta be careful how you do the bordering ;)

On the borders themselves I like the idea but they're a bit overpowering.  Possibly draw an outer 2px border of dark gray, a 1px border of the difficulty color inside that, and a 1px or 2px border of dark gray inside that?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 05:02:41 pm »
Looking good :)
Cool :)!

On the borders themselves I like the idea but they're a bit overpowering.  Possibly draw an outer 2px border of dark gray, a 1px border of the difficulty color inside that, and a 1px or 2px border of dark gray inside that?
Fair enough. I will give it a shot when doing the new versions. They striked as a little colorful myself ;)...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk