Author Topic: Mines and Misery Difficulty  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Full Member Mark II
Mines and Misery Difficulty
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:12:20 pm »

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why yes, how very dangerous in this land of one-hit kills.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Mines and Misery Difficulty
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:17:24 pm »
Ok, I'll order new warheads for them.  Do you prefer fission or fusion?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »
Honestly, mines are just things I hope bots step on. Unless there my mines, in which case I make sure they get stepped on :) . I agree that mines in missions are too weak (and a bit too common, I'd prefer other traps instead). Player mine damage seems fine.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:39:25 pm »
Perhaps mine damage should scale upwards with difficulty?  For player mines as well?

Mines are difficult weapons to use, so if it takes less mines to kill a robot then if you used lasers then that's fine.  Even on Misery.

And as always if you step on your own mine then you have no one else to blame :D

Ok, I'll order new warheads for them.  Do you prefer fission or fusion?

Antimatter.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:41:01 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:03 pm »
What if mines weren't visible until you got within X spaces. That number could vary by difficulty (or not). Then at least you have a chance of getting yourself stuck between bots and mines. Once spotted, they should remain visible even if you move away.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »
Mines to me have always meant to be dangerous in a different way:  It's not that an individual mine will kill you (or the enemy).   It's that there's ALOT of them.  Usually blocking a path entirely.

This also affects player mines, and is the reason why I'd be against this change.   The current implementation of player mines is pretty much done right, as I see it.  You can do incredible damage with them.... but it takes time to set them up, and you have to choose the right places to do so, to get your intended target (usually a very high shielded bot) to run over many of them.

Change them up, and they'll be too strong.  Or too irritating, in the case of enemy mines. 

That being said, if you're playing on Misery, alot of the time you have little shielding to work with in the first place...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk