Author Topic: Make a lot of credits with little risk!  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Winge

Make a lot of credits with little risk!
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:36:24 pm »
Greetings, fellow Exo drivers!  Do you ever go to the store and think, "man, I wish I could afford these shiny items.  But it's so hard to earn money in a city during a robot takeover!"  However, if you are determined, lucky, and a little bit crazy, you may be able to find a career as a DumBot Farmer!

This simple job can be performed from the safety and comfort of your Exo suite without endangering (much) your HQ or loved ones.  Simply find a good chokepoint, a SkyBot behind the choke, and an AmmoBot (for sustained farming capability).  You will need Virus items, which you can find yourself or which are present in our patented DumBot Farming Kit (TM).  If possible, set up the chokepoint with the Virus AmmoBot trapped next to you.  Sentries, which are also part of the DumBot Farming Kit (TM), work great for this purpose.  The AmmoBot will top them off too!  Then simply let the DumBots enter the Credit Shredder Area.  For those not familiar with DumBot farming, that is where those pointless robots become valuable credits in your pocket!  If you don't believe me, just check out this save from Winge!

Quote from: Winge
Hi, I'm Winge.  I picked Emma, hoping to use the store to min/max my Exos better.  However, those shiny orange items are so incredibly expensive!  With the DumBot Farming Kit (TM), I can kick back and hit space to earn a cozy 9 credits per turn, with no risk to my Exo or HQ.  I'm earning money in the middle of a war watching DumBots explode all day long!

OK, in all seriousness, this might be something that needs to be changed.  But for now, I think I'll farm a bit longer  ;D
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Make a lot of credits with little risk!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »
* DumBots now have a "Moo" sound effect.

There, fixed.

(just kidding)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »
We'll probably just make the spawning of dumbots cost the skybot some health, and not happen if the health is too low.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:07:47 pm »
Spawned bots don't give credits when you kill them?

Offline Winge

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:09:32 pm »
They do.  It's actually quite lucrative.

If it's being fixed, then we'll want this to remember it by.  Just like I still have a save with a virused MurderBot  >D

Edit:  and very easy to mess up.  Oh well, I earned my 2,000+ credits from that one part of the mission.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:16:22 pm by Winge »

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »
I know they do. I mean maybe they shouldn't. :)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:40 pm »
Hmm, yea, I guess they could get a flag when spawned that prevents credit gain.

Offline Winge

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:24 pm »
I kind of like being able to farm them, just not indefinitely.  Like how I always try to let DiamondBots shoot me until they run out of ammo.  Sort of the same thing, but with a little more risk and reward.  Keith's first solution sounds like the one that I would like to see.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »
But the first solution is an effective nerf to Skybots.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »
But the first solution is an effective nerf to Skybots.
A look of deep worry and concern failed to cross most of the faces in the crowd, I think.

A Skybot buff could be made to compensate.  Any suggestions?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 07:59:12 pm »
One small thought:  Couldnt you just have the Dumbot production tied to the Skybot's ammo?  I dunno that I've even seen a Skybot attack, I had figured from the start that manufacturing a pile of minions WAS it's attack.  If it has to stop at 20 or so, that'd work, I should think?  And then it could just fire normally at you after that.

Offline Winge

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »
One small thought:  Couldnt you just have the Dumbot production tied to the Skybot's ammo?  I dunno that I've even seen a Skybot attack, I had figured from the start that manufacturing a pile of minions WAS it's attack.  If it has to stop at 20 or so, that'd work, I should think?  And then it could just fire normally at you after that.

"No!  My DumBots!"

Best out of ammo quote ever!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk