Author Topic: Curious way to find the new settings  (Read 2043 times)

Offline lagomorph129

• Newbie Mark II
Curious way to find the new settings
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:21 pm »
TL;DR ** scroll down

Giving in to the excuse of ETE alpha state, I don't know if this will be or have been so for everybody.

I looked at the patch notes in the wiki, noting that new settings were added in the "settings" file. To avoid confusion, my path was actually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AI War 2\PlayerData (newsettings.dat)  Now, immediately after downloading the patch, I opened it, and nothing had changed. I then decided to open the game, see if there was an internal way to change these settings. There wasn't, and I don't blame anybody, because there's still so much work to be done elsewhere.

I then decided to check my "newsettings.dat" to see if I may have missed something. To my surprise, all the settings that were listed in the patch notes were now there. Some old settings were moved a bit, but nothing was missing.

** TL;DR
  • "settings.dat" may also be listed as "newsettings.dat" probably using this path:
                  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AI War 2\PlayerData
  • you may need to open the game before the new settings will show up

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Curious way to find the new settings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:04:49 pm »
Correct -- open the game once, then the settings will be there.  Thanks for posting that for other folks!

We'll have a better thing in the future, of course, but for now that works. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk