Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
First Impressions
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:06:14 pm »
Here are some random thoughts as I'm playing for the first time. In no particular order.

- When playing with customization of my exos, I can't seem to find a way to explicitly unequip an item that I've placed.
... follow up: OK, I figured it out and I feel dumb. I was expecting to find something like an unequip button, but I guess I have to simply click on the item I already equipped.

- For items that have different effects depending on slot, I think I'd like to see the other slot effects, even though they won't take effect on the particular slot I'm equipping. They could be grayed out or something, but it's helpful for comparison. I know I can see them by going to inventory, but I feel this makes me have to jump around too much.

- This customization screen seem to have a lot of unused real estate. Is there any reason we can't have an inventory box shown along the side, with the option to drag items into the open slots? We could even have valid slots light up when you are hovering over an item in your inventory.

- I went through a mission, and things seemed pretty straightforward. It seemed an appropriate difficulty for the first, and I got through it fairly painlessly. Reminded me a lot of 868-HACK.

- Interface seems a little bit quirky in areas. No real distinction over what is a button and what isn't, just have to learn by trial and error.

- I'm guessing you can't move diagonally (unless you can and I'm just dumb)?

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »
Follow up question:

Is there typically any reward for finishing a mission in a quicker time? Or, does the game encourage you to hoover over as much of the mission area as possible every single game day?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:00:40 pm »
Currently the focus is very much on 100%-hoovering.  The idea being that if you can kill everything hostile in the level then you can grab everything, but that said levelcide shouldn't be the norm.  In theory.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk