Author Topic: Feedback on Commanders  (Read 3269 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Feedback on Commanders
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 05:53:24 pm »
2.  Emma is hard to start with--since she doesn't start with any cash, her passive doesn't mean much for the first few levels.  However, once she gets going, she can min/max better than any other pilot.
We could give her some starting cash, but from what I'm hearing she's already strong enough and I think there's some value in having someone whose bonus doesn't kick in until later.  Sort of a counter-point to Genji, who can _dominate_ the early game but by the endgame his bonus is basically nonexistent (assuming you would have been able to find all of the Bahamut missions, which I'm not sure is true all the time).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »
2.  Emma is hard to start with--since she doesn't start with any cash, her passive doesn't mean much for the first few levels.  However, once she gets going, she can min/max better than any other pilot.
We could give her some starting cash, but from what I'm hearing she's already strong enough and I think there's some value in having someone whose bonus doesn't kick in until later.  Sort of a counter-point to Genji, who can _dominate_ the early game but by the endgame his bonus is basically nonexistent (assuming you would have been able to find all of the Bahamut missions, which I'm not sure is true all the time).

Actually, it is possible to get to the Bahamut missions fairly easily. At first, I liked this pilot, but now he feels useless halfway through. Would be nice to have some little twist that lasts beyond the first 20 turns.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Winge

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »

I completely agree.  She is one of my favorite commanders, as I love min/maxing.  Doesn't quite match the power of Axis, but that's extremely hard to do  ;)
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 07:17:48 pm »
I love how Axis has absolutely zero positive impact on the exos or really anything in a mission or even in the store or whatever... but she's probably the most powerful commander.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Winge

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 07:31:33 pm »
I love how Axis has absolutely zero positive impact on the exos or really anything in a mission or even in the store or whatever... but she's probably the most powerful commander.

Well, she does affect things in a mission by giving the player a whole lot more choice of which options to take.

But otherwise, yeah.  Just like in AI War, scouting is key  :)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 08:36:12 pm »
I've been using Tuck alot myself.

That in-mission scouting of his is very useful.  I can immediately figure out where any recharge stations might be, as well as see if there's any "potion" stations around that might help, provided I've run into that type before.

Not to mention knowing where the mission exit is.  Usually I prefer to defeat everything first before leaving a mission, but if my Brawler has just melted himself for the 386319th time and my Science Exo is on fire (because of Science!!! of course), it's often prudent to make a quick exit.

And also making sure I dont miss any loot boxes is good too.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »
if my Brawler has just melted himself for the 386319th time
The BlunderBot doesn't have a monopoly, that's for sure.

I think I mentioned it before but I dunno if anyone was in favor: what do you think of having a confirm on any shot that would damage your exo?

Glad to hear Tuck's bonus is useful, in any event :)  it's really different from the others, which I like.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »
That would be helpful, yes.

Offline Winge

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:33 am »
I agree, although I would not want it to show up on environmental effects (Fuel Tanks, Explosive Runes, etc.)--probably wouldn't be feasible anyway.  It's just not as much !FUN!.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk