Author Topic: Enemy HP gone wild  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Gemzo

Enemy HP gone wild
« on: September 21, 2013, 01:36:51 pm »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180273848

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180273785

The tigerbots are only level 10 and they have 10k HP, and there are 150 of them in the final battle army! The leaderbots have over 20k HP at level 21 and their "legendary pistol of uselessness" does over 500 damage with a range of 11. Pretty much an unwinnable situation, as I can't amass enough damage/ammo to actually deal with that much HP. It's not even the final day yet, where they'll probably have twice as much health as this or more. Wasn't lucky with the factory level-downs either. I got exactly 1 for leaderbots, and a few for tigerbots (which I wasn't paying attention to at the time).

...Actually since I did 3 factory missions, and leaderbot level went down once... I think leaderbots leveled up EVERY single day (besides days I cleared a factory/the days skipped by clearing a command post).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:42:55 pm by Gemzo »

Offline Winge

Re: Enemy HP gone wild
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:48:33 pm »
Something had to multiplied to those numbers...the Ammo number looks way off too.  It's almost like every stat (except Virus cost) was affected.  Out of curiosity, did you just do an Overload mission?

I highly recommend stacking Virus and Stealth for the final battle...
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Gemzo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »
No, I have never done an overload mission. Stats just scale exponentially, and I play on expert. I'm not going to continue playing this save most likely, viruses can't beat 150 tigerbots. xD

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »
Yeah, that looks about right, as the Tigerbots go.   Same HP value they're at in my game (also on expert).

.....but typically you dont get a bazillion of them at once, haha.   They work out well enough normally because they'll be scattered around the mission and there wont be THAT many of them compared to other bots, but....  so very many in a final mission!

Hm, I wonder what the solution to this one might be?  I dont really wanna keep suggesting that things have their base shields lowered, but obviously that's way too many of that particular bot type for that last mission.  And factory missions arent guaranteed to lower the levels of any particular bot all that much, which is my only real issue with them.

Hm, maybe there needs to be a limitation on which possible slot the TigerBot can go into?  The game always seems to pick a couple of bots that get the lower non-boss slots on that screen, like how there's only 33 CommandBots.  TigerBots should probably only go in one of those slots to limit their numbers.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »
Would it be too overpowered if factory missions always picked the bots chosen for the final battle at least once? (That is, it lowers all of those by 1, and then chooses normally for any remaining level losses it can inflict.)

Beyond that, I'm not sure how to kill stuff with that much HP aside from viruses. Even the plasma cannon won't get it done. Loading up on viruses would work simply because they can fight each other with their crazy numbers.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »
They can be killed without viruses, it's just annoying.   One problem is that base damage values for some weapons and also the stats for some item types need a bit of tweaking, but overall, dealing with very high HP enemies in that mode is sort of a given, and probably shouldnt be changed much;  one or even two hit kills against bots really shouldnt be happening much at all on that difficulty.   Dealing with TOO MANY of a high-HP enemy all at once though is another matter.  Tigerbots can be nasty (sort of), but currently they generallly appear in manageable numbers (manageable if you're bloody careful, that is).  150 at once though is downright silly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk