Author Topic: Credits, Store and DiamondBot  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Credits, Store and DiamondBot
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:26:02 am »
I really don't find I get nearly enough credits to buy much from the Store at all. In my easy game I bought 4 items total. The most useful time to buy would have been the beginning of the game, but buying then was impossible due to the prices. Given I don't need any more components increasing customization time it isn't really hurting anything. But it does seem like a wasted feature. So I thought it was interesting then when I encountered the DiamondBot. Maybe that's a way to get more credits. And then I saw how many credits he gives. I cannot fathom a reason to bother leaving him alive. Since he has only 20 ammo the amount I can farm from him is capped. But getting 2 credits per shot (early game) is so pointless. Even late game I think I was getting 6ish per shot? 120 credits isn't worth my time when everything I want to buy is 2k or more at that point.

How does everyone else feel about the store and DiamondBots? Am I missing something on earning credits?

Offline Warpstorm

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Credits, Store and DiamondBot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:00:41 pm »
Are you selling all your marginal and outdated loot to the store?  Are you spending time in the levels trying to open all the loot chests and killing all the easy guys before ending the mission?

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:03:38 pm »
Sold everything not equipped on my Bots. Opened every loot container and killed every bot with very minimal exceptions. Like if I was out of hacking points.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 12:20:21 pm »
It may well be that the diamond-bot needs to give more for it to mean anything.  Perhaps:

- make the diamond-gun 1-shot
- make the diamond-gun apply some nasty debuff to the thing it hits
- make the diamond-gun give like 500 credits, or some other appropriate number and have it scale up with the day
- give the diamond-bot a shorter ranged secondary weapon like a machine gun or laser; nothing special about it other than to make it not harmless after the first shot.

On the store prices potentially they shouldn't have been fully affected by the rescaling of Easy/Medium/Hard.  That said, if you're not playing as Emma the store is more of a side mechanic.  If you're playing as Emma it's a bigger deal.  And on higher difficulties where part selection matters more having the store is pretty nice.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 12:52:45 pm »
Are you selling all your marginal and outdated loot to the store?  Are you spending time in the levels trying to open all the loot chests and killing all the easy guys before ending the mission?
I was about to ask the same things, since for me credits don't turn out to be much of a problem in my current Expert game. One thing that goes a long way for me is selling the orange/purple loot items obtained from bahamut or control center missions - there's always something that's not that awesome/fitting.

Also using Emma for pilot goes a long way if you want to make full use of the shop!

On the store prices potentially they shouldn't have been fully affected by the rescaling of Easy/Medium/Hard.  That said, if you're not playing as Emma the store is more of a side mechanic.  If you're playing as Emma it's a bigger deal.  And on higher difficulties where part selection matters more having the store is pretty nice.
Ninja'd ;).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:54:16 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:56:11 pm »
It may well be that the diamond-bot needs to give more for it to mean anything.  Perhaps:

- make the diamond-gun 1-shot
- make the diamond-gun apply some nasty debuff to the thing it hits
- make the diamond-gun give like 500 credits, or some other appropriate number and have it scale up with the day
- give the diamond-bot a shorter ranged secondary weapon like a machine gun or laser; nothing special about it other than to make it not harmless after the first shot.
All good suggestions in my book. Making it have a short ranged regular weapon with some boom as well as a diamond gun with multiple shots and a longer range could be interesting as well. Especially if some kind of debuff is in play as well ;).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:05:21 pm »
I did sell orange gear eventually, but really at that point I didn't NEED anything from the store so it didn't matter. Of course I did hit max stat (+500 shield, +100% attack power, etc) on gear so I was pretty much ignoring anything that didn't have cap stats. I think most guns I ran with x3 +100% attack power unless I wanted something special (range, ammo or radius) on them.

DiamondBots could ignore Damage Reduction. I think I'd also certainly scale them down to at least 10 ammo. Credit-wise, I think early a fair amount might be 25 credits a shot (250 total). The one-shot is an option, but that can just be a surprise hit. 5 or 10 shots requires you to make an intentional decision to grab the cash. I also have an issue with dual-weapon bots which this just reminded me of:
  • Multi-weapon bots don't give me any information about their second weapon. BlasterBots are an issue in this regard. I wish their tooltip changed when they were out of primary ammo, or even better showed both.

For store prices I'd really prefer the store not be secondary for every driver except for one. That's confusing and frustrating for a new player. I'd go with a price cut but probably reduce the number of components presented at one time for non-Emma pilots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk