Author Topic: ClawBot and ViperBot  (Read 1764 times)

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
ClawBot and ViperBot
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:41:19 pm »
I've got a Lv. 9 ViperBot and a Lv. 11 ClawBot that has 17,138 and 29,985 Shields respectively.  Is this normal?  That seems ridiculously overpowered, and they keep getting stronger!  Even at 10% of those shields, they would still be a challenge.  Right now, no matter what tactic I use, they just seem to be insurmountable.  The last Assassination mission I tried had two ViperBots and a ClawBot.  It felt like I was fighting Lavos on my first playthrough!

Am I doing something wrong?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: ClawBot and ViperBot
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:43:02 pm »
You're not doing anything wrong, but it's a tricky balancing thing with those bosses.  The stat multiplier that works well for other enemies has some trouble with the bosses.  I guess I need to make it so that bosses are simply more vulnerable on the early days, and then they get tougher as time goes on.  Right now they start tough and get freakish, although it's better than it was a day or so ago.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:49:06 pm »
* The health stats on all the bosses have been majorly scaled down so that they are still impressive on the last day, but not insane.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 06:55:52 pm »
Thanks! I'll save the Assassination mission on my map to check it out.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
No problem!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk