Author Topic: Boss bot conduct  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Boss bot conduct
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »
Okay, I was going to leave most of the conduct stuff up to the rest of you, since I'm about as creative as a brick with this sort of thing.... "MORE DYING HAHAHAHA" or "EVERYTHING EXPLODES"  probably not being very creative ideas for one, and so on....

But I do have this one to suggest.  Had this idea quite awhile back during beta.  It was not added at the time, and I could see why.  But with this system it might work out since this is all optional.  Idea is simple:  Give a chance for a boss bot (or two) to appear during normal missions (though certain very specific missions probably shouldnt have any, such as MurderBot missions). 

The bosses are fun but they dont have enough presence in the game.  Granted, the mission type that revolves around them is a very interesting one, but it makes up only a tiny percentage of the actual gameplay over the course of the campaign.  So you've got these interesting bots that hardly show up.

Exactly how the chances are determined and all of that I'll leave to you if the idea seems good.  Not sure how that should function.

On a related note:  Another thing that'd be nice at some point, a couple more boss bots being added to the game overall.   There's so few types right now that it never quite feels like enough variety with them.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Re: Boss bot conduct
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »
Place Boss markers on the map and have them move one space each time a mission is completed (or failed). Each is one boss that is present in the current mission.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:27:58 pm »
Place Boss markers on the map and have them move one space each time a mission is completed (or failed). Each is one boss that is present in the current mission.

Ooh, I like that one.

Love the idea of seeing more stuff added to the city map in general.  It's already a great game mechanic but it could have even more done with it.

If they moved around the map (and thus it was possible to see and avoid them) maybe there should be an additional reward if you enter a mission and defeat them?  Like, they drop an extra purple item or two as a reward.  That'd be pretty nice.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 01:27:11 am »

Ooh, I like that one.

Love the idea of seeing more stuff added to the city map in general.  It's already a great game mechanic but it could have even more done with it.

If they moved around the map (and thus it was possible to see and avoid them) maybe there should be an additional reward if you enter a mission and defeat them?  Like, they drop an extra purple item or two as a reward.  That'd be pretty nice.
+1 on all three, having the occiasional boss in regular missions, increased boss variety being nice and having bosses roam the city map if possible!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:08 am »
@Keith: Do you think there is a way to persuade khadgar to provide one or two extra sound pieces :)?
Would be really cool if there was some in-mission warning uttered by the commander along the lines of "Boss Bot detected! Things are about to get interesting..." maybe even using a few variants in case we get around to adding the occasional rogue boss to missions.

Having such a cue to have the commander comment on Exo death would also be a great addition.

Any chance?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 10:31:45 am »
Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a running list of voice requests for things like that and exo-death (AI taunts), etc.  Then after a few months I can ask :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:41:08 am »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk