Author Topic: Bionic Featured on Total Biscuit Video  (Read 4975 times)

Offline Castruccio

Bionic Featured on Total Biscuit Video
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:32:17 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwc2NXOLwyg
See 7:58.  Ranked #3 in this weeks steam sale video.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Bionic Featured on Total Biscuit Video
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:33:07 pm »
Yeah, Erik caught that also.  Pretty sweet! :D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Riabi

• Former Arcen Staff (tigersfan)
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 05:13:10 pm »
Compared with Dungeons of Dreadmore... wow....

Offline Castruccio

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »
If only he'd have made a "WTF is..." on release!  He says here he intended to and never got around to it. 

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »
If only he'd have made a "WTF is..." on release!  He says here he intended to and never got around to it.

Sounds like he was quite close to doing so. Unlucky, Arcen! I'm sure it would have helped the game tremendously. Still, this is good publicity, though. Hopefully sales will pick up as a result of this glowing recommendation.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:04 am »
Poor bastard has way too much to cover, and he's only one man. He's been meaning to make a video of AI: War since forever too, but just never managed to think of a good way to do it.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 02:21:24 am »
Poor bastard has way too much to cover, and he's only one man. He's been meaning to make a video of AI: War since forever too, but just never managed to think of a good way to do it.
He made one for Sins: Rebellion, which was mostly (as far as i remember) 'The premier fancy space battle movie simulator. Also, this version has giant spacecraft.', and I've heard him describe how great AI War is during a salebox more than once.

Offline Riabi

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:24:11 am »

Yeah, I actually met him in person right around that time, and told me then that he intended to do one. Not sure why he never did.... oh well. :(

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 02:58:35 pm »

Yeah, I actually met him in person right around that time, and told me then that he intended to do one. Not sure why he never did.... oh well. :(

We both did around the same time, completely unaware of the other's interaction. That was pretty insane. He sat down with me to play Bionic for a half hour at PAX Prime, and genuinely apologized for not getting around to an AI War video (or any of our other games since Valley 1). Still, he was incredibly knowledgeable on all of our works, especially for a man of his schedule.

He seemed to really enjoy the game at the time, and still seems to hold it in high regard. He's just a busy guy, and currently it looks as though he's going through an extended period of burnout (so even more credit to him for maintaining his output).

Offline Kingpin23

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 08:35:21 pm »
Are there any plans for some DLC for this game?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 08:39:25 pm »
Probably.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kingpin23

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 09:16:33 pm »
Awesome.

I really like this game

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 06:51:08 am »

It seems like with that one it's just hard to really get into it in a limited-length video.  There's just too much there to go into real depth.

It's kinda like Dwarf Fortress.... you cant REALLY show someone the true depth of that without going on for like 40 hours.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 08:58:31 am »
Yep, that is quite true.

Offline Riabi

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 10:12:23 am »

It seems like with that one it's just hard to really get into it in a limited-length video.  There's just too much there to go into real depth.

It's kinda like Dwarf Fortress.... you cant REALLY show someone the true depth of that without going on for like 40 hours.

True, but, TB would be the first person to tell you he doesn't do reviews, he does first impressions. You can do a first impressions on a deep game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk